"Cancelling" with ES

sweetcurves

So my sister and I have a cruise booked for April but with the way things are right now and my starting school in January, it looks like it's just going to be too tight financially. So...we need to "cancel". Now, I know that ES is non-refundable but I also know we can apply the deposit to another cruise.

So, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we can just pick a different cruise and for $50/each, have the deposit transferred to that cruise?

We won't be able to cruise until I'm done school, in May 2014 so we'll have to wait until those dates are released. So I just call customer service and have it done once we have a new cruise picked?

You also have a limited amount of time to use that credit. I had to do this once and ended up losing every penny because I couldn't book again within the time limit. I'm not sure how long you have, but it seems like it was a year (and I could be very wrong about that amount of time.)

If you call and cancel your cruise and re-book your next cruise all in the same phone call, your deposit less $50pp penalty will be napplied to deposit on the new cruise.

If you cancel in one call and subsequently re-book in a different, later call, your deposit less $50pp penalty will be applied to the cruisefare and you'll have to make a full deposit.

You do not have to re-book Early Saver, but you're locked in forever to the nonrefundable deposit.

ken

If you call and cancel your cruise and re-book your next cruise all in the same phone call, your deposit less $50pp penalty will be napplied to deposit on the new cruise.

If you cancel in one call and subsequently re-book in a different, later call, your deposit less $50pp penalty will be applied to the cruisefare and you'll have to make a full deposit.

You do not have to re-book Early Saver, but you're locked in forever to the nonrefundable deposit.

ken

Thanks Ken, this makes a lot of sense and that's what I intend on doing once the May 2014 cruises are released.

Thanks Ken, this makes a lot of sense and that's what I intend on doing once the May 2014 cruises are released.

Book something for january 2014 (non ES), wait til your date are released then switch the january cruise for the one in may.

*How do we report hijacking again?*

I just cancelled a room in my two cabin cruise and was told the deposit minus the 50$ would be a credit to any cruise I take within 2 years of that date (last week). No one said anything about having to book that cruise now or within the next year. Also, no one told me that it was a poor choice and I got what I deserved. IMO, 50$ is a small price to pay to postpone and get your schooling in order:). MY PVP said that the money could go towards a deposit. Since I cancelled the entire room which was almost paid in full, I doubt it would be even possible to pay the deposit seperately and have that entire amount go towards the amount due...

**Also, I was under the impression that this was only allowed because I hadn't yet cancelled the trip insurance and because my final payment wasn't due yet (it was the next day:))**

I just cancelled a room in my two cabin cruise and was told the deposit minus the 50$ would be a credit to any cruise I take within 2 years of that date (last week). No one said anything about having to book that cruise now or within the next year. Also, no one told me that it was a poor choice and I got what I deserved. IMO, 50$ is a small price to pay to postpone and get your schooling in order:).

**Also, I was under the impression that this was only allowed because I hadn't yet cancelled the trip insurance and because my final payment wasn't due yet (it was the next day:))**

:D

Agreed on the $50 being a small price to pay. I had intended on a cruise in May 2014 anyway (hoping to coax my step mom, father, and younger bro--who will be graduating highschool then, to also come with us).

:D

Agreed on the $50 being a small price to pay. I had intended on a cruise in May 2014 anyway (hoping to coax my step mom, father, and younger bro--who will be graduating highschool then, to also come with us).

I could never convince my dad after years of coaxing, so finally I decided to save up the money and just buy him the cruise. Who can refuse a free cruise? He's going on his second one in a few weeks :)

The ES cancellation terms ($50pp penalty and balance held toward future cruise) apply (regardless of Insurance) up to your Final Payment Deadline date; at that time the more stringent Cancellation Penalties in the Cruise Contract apply, increasing from loss of deposit to 100% loss of cruisefare.

ken

Why don't people check with Carnival direct or go through a TA to ask questions that involve money and terms of a booking agreement instead of coming to a forum where a lot of the people posting know little and a lot more know less. It reminds me of people asking the sales clerk at a drugstore to diagnose their illness and come up with the best pharmaceutical remedy.

Oh well, its fun to read all the contradictory information...guess some peeps just believe the ones that are the closest to what they "think" and ignore the rest.

They may not release May 2014 cruises before your final payment is due. You need to cancel your April cruise before final payment to reduce your loss. After final payment you will lose your deposit or more.

Sharon

They may not release May 2014 cruises before your final payment is due. You need to cancel your April cruise before final payment to reduce your loss. After final payment you will lose your deposit or more.

Sharon

Absolutely...I have until mid February though.

Archived