How much IS the Behind The Fun Tour?

KPfromCT

$95/pp and absolutely.

We wouldn't do it again as we've done it and don't feel like we'd get anything out of it doing it again...but we're glad we did it. And we saw the brig and morgue, but from the outside. They won't, I'd guess, show you the inside.

When we were on the Splendor in 2009, we paid I believe $95.00 per person. That did seem a bit pricey, but we decided to do it anyways and were glad we did. You get to see all the behind the scenes 'stuff'. We especially liked visiting the captain on the bridge! I would recommend doing it on at least one cruise.

It depends on the length of the cruise.

Some cruises the tour is $95 other cruises it is $55.

Carnival’s “BEHIND THE FUN” Tour

Unique Insight into the Line’s Shipboard Operations

For those who want to get an insider’s look at the inner-workings of a Carnival “Fun Ship,” the line has created Behind the Fun, a guided tour that provides guests with a unique insight into the company’s shipboard operations.

Behind the Fun is offered fleetwide. On 3/4/5 day cruises, a shortened version of the described tour below will be approximately 2 hours and cost $55 per person.

On cruises 6 days or longer, the informative 3-1/2 hour tour offers participants a behind-the-scenes look at a wide range of shipboard venues that are normally off limits to guests. During the tour, key shipboard personnel, including the captain, chief engineer, chef de cuisine and other department heads, share their vast knowledge in their particular area of expertise.

Behind the Fun begins with a stop backstage in the main show lounge where participants can see exactly what goes into creating Carnival’s award-winning revues. The tour then moves on to normally restricted areas such as the laundry room, crew galley and dining room, crew gym and crew training center.

Next it’s on to the expansive main galley where talented culinary artists prepare upwards of 12,000 meals and snacks a day for Carnival’s guests. The tour also includes a visit to the ship’s bridge and engine control room and informative Q&A sessions with the captain and chief engineer, respectively.

In addition to a comprehensive overview of Carnival’s shipboard operations, Behind the Fun participants receive a number of commemorative gifts, including a custom-made Behind the Fun baseball cap and lanyard, a Team Carnival Picture Perfect book with stunning photographs of Carnival ships and destinations taken by the line’s employees and complimentary photos with the captain on the bridge.

Behind the Fun tours can be booked through the ships’ shore excursion desk. The cost is $95 per person and capacity is limited to 16 guests per tour.

General Information

Tours are conducted on the last sea day of each cruise.

Guests are not permitted to have cameras, cell phones or video recording equipment on the tour.

Guests must be 8 years of age or older to participate; anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

The tour is approximately 3-1/2 hours for cruises 6 days and longer and approximately 2 hours for 3/4/5 day cruises.

The tour can only be purchased on board through the Shore Excursion Desk.

Thank you so much for the responses. I'm definitely going to do it!!!! Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring a camera? My guess is no, but worth a shot. Thank you, again!!!!:D

General Information

Tours are conducted on the last sea day of each cruise.

Guests are not permitted to have cameras, cell phones or video recording equipment on the tour.

Guests must be 8 years of age or older to participate; anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

The tour is approximately 3-1/2 hours for cruises 6 days and longer and approximately 2 hours for 3/4/5 day cruises.

The tour can only be purchased on board through the Shore Excursion Desk.

Not only are cameras and cellphones strictly verboten, but Security will wand you beforehand to verify that you aren't carrying any.

I know this sounds BAD, but I would like to see the morgue and the brig. I wanted to be a funeral director, but changed my mind. Lol. Just curiosity.....

I think the morgue and brig locations are included on the longer $95 tours, but not on the shorter ones; I've now done both versions.

$95/pp and absolutely.

..... And we saw the brig and morgue, but from the outside. They won't, I'd guess, show you the inside.

I might pay $10 extra to make fun of a drunk being held in the brig. Just a thought. Carnival, are ya listening? :)

As for the OP, I would definitely recommend it highly. Oddly enough, I think I got more information and a slightly better overall tour on the smaller one (Imagination) instead of the longer one (Liberty), but everything depends on how good your guide is and in some cases, how good your group's questions are. On that first, supposedly shorter/cheaper tour, we were in Engineering Control for a LONG time, asking questions and getting good info from the Chief Engineer. We were actually running a half-hour late when we got to the bridge. :o

It IS a fairly strenuous tour -- on the smaller tour some of the stairways were extremely steep, and for the longer tour, I think we had to traverse the ship end-to-end at least twice, and Liberty's a pretty big boat. Closed-toe shoes are required.

Photographs will be taken during the tour and you will receive them gratis later in the evening in your cabin. On the short tour we had a group photo with the captain on the bridge; on the longer tour we had a group photo with the captain on the bridge, an individual photo with the captain on the bridge, and a group photo on the prow by the ship's bell. You also get a Behind the Fun lanyard and cap, and on the longer tour a Carnival 'backpack' (actually a stuff-sack). AND you should find a surprise in your cabin later in the evening as well. ;)

Archived