ATL Airport

lsw0224

Does anyone know if Atlanta Airport has wine by the bottle that I could purchase? I would like to carry on 2 bottles and wont have time to stop at a store in Florida before my cruise. And ill have a carry on bag so i cant get the wine ahead of time.

There's a duty free store on Concourse F, the new international concourse. You do NOT have to be flying international to purchase from that particular duty free store. I'm not sure if they have wine in there or not, but if you have a long layover, it wouldn't hurt to stop by.

Since when can one buy liquor from a duty free shop if NOT flying internationally? Is it possible Concourse F is international only. Curious...

There's a duty free store on Concourse F, the new international concourse. You do NOT have to be flying international to purchase from that particular duty free store. I'm not sure if they have wine in there or not, but if you have a long layover, it wouldn't hurt to stop by.

Since when can one buy liquor from a duty free shop if NOT flying internationally?
I find this very difficult to believe. Standard practice when purchasing duty-free is to produce an international boarding pass. Additionally, depending on the airport, you cannot walk out of the store with your purchase, you pick it up at the gate when boarding.
Is it possible Concourse F is international only.
Not the case. My connecting flight to JAX flew out of F, but only because the incoming segment originated in Montego Bay.

Ill contact SAS. I havent flown in the day of in several years but my babys 1st birthday party is the day before my cruise so i dont have a choice. I booked this cruise a long time ago with early saver and cant change the date and really dont want to take a 1 year old on a a cruise!

Thanks for your help!

I didn't realize the connection time was only 1 hour. Nope, that won't work.

Since when can one buy liquor from a duty free shop if NOT flying internationally? Is it possible Concourse F is international only. Curious...

I find this very difficult to believe. Standard practice when purchasing duty-free is to produce an international boarding pass. Additionally, depending on the airport, you cannot walk out of the store with your purchase, you pick it up at the gate when boarding.

Not the case. My connecting flight to JAX flew out of F, but only because the incoming segment originated in Montego Bay.

I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. There are signs at the door and on the windows saying you do not have to have an international boarding pass to purchase duty free items from there. :)

We have used SAS before, really nice friendly drivers I am sure they wont have a problem stopping at a store for you, you could always call them ahead of time and let them know that is what you want to do.

I have also used SAS before and yes they have nice drivers.

But they are also shared vans with up to 12 or so people onboard.

I also know that if the driver said, I'm parking the van so that Mr. Cruisecritic can shop for wine, there would be ten unhappy people.

If it's a cab, I say "fine." But to make others wait, who are anxious to get to the ship, well that is asking too much.

Archived