Crusinmama Epic Adventure

crusinmama06

Hi all! We are in Hollywood, Florida (pre-cruise) and will be leaving for Miami in the morning. I started my Epic semi-live here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1743132

Hey Crusinmama, I just returned from the Epic today as you board. Hoping to get your take on the "New" Kids Club that they modified as of the Thanksgiving Day Cruise. Really curious if you have the same experience as I just had or if possibly they just changd because of the sheer numbers of kids during Thanksgiving. I generally don't cruise at "Prime" time.

I've cruised Epic now 3 times and for the first time cruising with NCL in the past 6 plus years, the Kids Club closed for a total of 4 hours during sea days. It really had a negative effect on the "freestyle concept" in my opinion.

I will say we still had a fabulous cruise, but had to pass up on some adult activities because I couldn't bring my 9 y/o to a wine tasing or participate in Mystery Murder Lunch for example and had to cancel Ice Bar with a group from Cruise Critic as I was mandated to give my child dinner at a set time unless he wanted to give up some kids club activity that he loved. Of course we made it work, and still had a great time, but disappointed in the NEW change that began on the Epic Thanksgiving cruise.

So excited for you, Michelle! I remember you mentioning this cruise a few months ago, and looking forward to your review. Hope it is a good one, and hope your girls don't have any mishaps on this one.

Now would it be a cruise with my 8 year old without a mishap?

FORMAL NIGHT (I am beginning to hate formal night) she heads to the "green slide" with her older sister and another 12 year old friend and comes off with a huge scrape across the side of her forehead where she slammed into the side of the green slide. So from formal night on she styled her hair across one eye ;)

Oh and dodgeball - I get a call from the kids crew - she took a ball to the face. She wasn't crying but she wanted her mom. Heck I would want MY mom if I took a ball to the face.

BUBBLEWRAP! The new necessity for cruising with my 8 year old!

Now would it be a cruise with my 8 year old without a mishap?

FORMAL NIGHT (I am beginning to hate formal night) she heads to the "green slide" with her older sister and another 12 year old friend and comes off with a huge scrape across the side of her forehead where she slammed into the side of the green slide. So from formal night on she styled her hair across one eye ;)

Oh and dodgeball - I get a call from the kids crew - she took a ball to the face. She wasn't crying but she wanted her mom. Heck I would want MY mom if I took a ball to the face.

BUBBLEWRAP! The new necessity for cruising with my 8 year old!

Oh no!!! So sorry to hear this :( Poor thing. Hope she is doing better. Sometimes there are "rough kids" at the kids club, and I can totally see why kids wouldn't be that psyched about going under those circumstances.

wow, not again! Poor baby. She is probably a little gun shy from past experiences. Sorry they had such rough kids. We sailed Thanksgiving week on Carnival Dream with 1400 kids and we had one bully in the 6-9 year-old range. The counselers did a great job of nipping it in the bud. I was actually surprised at how good the counselors were that sailing. Maybe all the recent negativity is making and impact. I can only hope the same will be said for NCL. We will be on the Dawn in March.

Archived