Cruise related Christmas present ideas

amc80

We are taking a family group cruise next year. For Christmas, I'd like to get some family members a pack of drink coupons. There are a couple of issues with this. 1) I don't have a reservation number since they are only deposited at the group level ($25pp) and therefore don't have assigned cabins yet. 2) It's my understanding that these coupons are delivered on board, which means there wouldn't be anything to open on Christmas. I know I could make up something to give them, but that's not as fun.

Any ideas for alternative gifts?

I bought Funship Dollars for my kids for Christmas! My intention is for them to use them in place of a soda card! To make a gift to open, i took a can of Coke, and I taped the FunShip dollar certificate around the can of coke. When they open it, I will explain to them that it is $25 to spend onboard on pop! Pretty clever I thought! At least they will be limited to only about 12 pops on the cruise, versus the unlimited bubbles, and it was only $25 each!:)

We are taking a family group cruise next year. For Christmas, I'd like to get some family members a pack of drink coupons. There are a couple of issues with this. 1) I don't have a reservation number since they are only deposited at the group level ($25pp) and therefore don't have assigned cabins yet. 2) It's my understanding that these coupons are delivered on board, which means there wouldn't be anything to open on Christmas. I know I could make up something to give them, but that's not as fun.

Any ideas for alternative gifts?

Even tho they may not have cabins assigned, there still should be a booking number. Check it out.

I had personalized deck chair towels made for my whole group for our next cruise. They have pockets on the side to hold your Ipod, sunglasses, etc.. and they are super cute. And they hook over the back so they don't blow away.

And no we won't use them to be chair hogs... I am thrilled about the new 30 min policy.

I had personalized deck chair towels made for my whole group for our next cruise. They have pockets on the side to hold your Ipod, sunglasses, etc.. and they are super cute. And they hook over the back so they don't blow away.

And no we won't use them to be chair hogs... I am thrilled about the new 30 min policy.

what 30 min policy - are they finally enforcing it - I will believe it when I see it

I would love the idea of the gift cards. John had also mentioned that they were setting up on-line shopping for Carnival items. Has that been implemented yet? If so, you could possible find some CCL Logo items to order.

A couple of years ago we bought our 3 adult children and their spouses and all the grandchildren a cruise for a Christmas present and I got Carnival brochures and made up a "mock" certificate to go inside the brochure. When I bought graduation cruise for our grandsons, I found Royal Carib towels and Logo items on E-Bay and wrapped them up for their graduation party.

I would love the idea of the gift cards. John had also mentioned that they were setting up on-line shopping for Carnival items. Has that been implemented yet? If so, you could possible find some CCL Logo items to order.

A couple of years ago we bought our 3 adult children and their spouses and all the grandchildren a cruise for a Christmas present and I got Carnival brochures and made up a "mock" certificate to go inside the brochure. When I bought graduation cruise for our grandsons, I found Royal Carib towels and Logo items on E-Bay and wrapped them up for their graduation party.

I was just on sarges site looking at his pictures and they do have Carnival gift cards

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/01NewOrleans/index2.html

I ordered personalized towels for my kids that say "______ is cruising the Carnival Dream! April 6-13, 2013" from this site www.carnivalfuntees.com They are an approved Carnival Logo provider - it was Carnival's Bon Voyage department that referred me. I wouldn't order the towels though I got mine and the quality is not great however I've heard great things about their other products.

I bought my wife a water proof camera for Christmas this year, I got it at Costco for about $140. On our last cruise, we did a snorkel excursion at St. Maarten. She commented that she wished she had a camera while she was snorkeling, to take pictures of everything she saw under water. Next spring we are going to do a dolphin encounter at Grand Cayman, and another snorkeling adventure somerwhere else (I can't remember where at the moment), so I figure she can use the new camera then.

It might be a bit expensive for a child's gift, but maybe a good idea for an older kid, who is interested in photography?

When Liam was 8 all of his Christmas presents were done in a scavenger hunt. He finds a clue & then runs to find the next clue which is wrapped in a gift. So since Santa gave him a cruise his first gift was a bag of white sand & seashells and a bottle of water tinted blue.

The next gift was a beach towel, swim suit, flip flops, the next gift were a couple of webkinz that were tropical & jungle. A bird & a monkey,

Then he got a musical& light up Santa wearing a Hawaiian shirt & shorts doing the hula by a palm tree.

His next gift was a figurine of the ship with a note saying that he would be sailing in 7 weeks to Costa Maya, Belize, Guatemala & Cozumel.

He was one happy excited kid.

It's hard to say not knowing the ages/sex of the people you're buying for. I think a cool gift would be a whole bunch of scrapbooking stuff along with a scrapbook (travel and tropical themed paper, stickers etc). And you can make the first page, announcing the gift of the cruise. Make sure to leave a space for a photo that you take when that person opens the gift and has a shocked and happy look on their face! Could even include one of those disposable waterproof cameras, a lanyard for their sign and sail card, maybe a travel mug/cup. Just a whole bunch of cool travel stuff would be fun.

A nice set of luggage if it's for a younger person who may not already have their own set of luggage or even an older person who just needs a new set. A decent set can be found on ebay or overstock.com etc. Would be cool if the print/color really matched the person's personality. I will never forget my first gift of a luggage set. I LOVED it.

And then just print up a nice flyer/certificate announcing the gift of the cruise.

If you don't want to spend that much, even a nice new carry on bag would work as well.

I love the towel idea, where did you get them?

I ordered personalized towels for my kids that say "______ is cruising the Carnival Dream! April 6-13, 2013" from this site www.carnivalfuntees.com They are an approved Carnival Logo provider - it was Carnival's Bon Voyage department that referred me. I wouldn't order the towels though I got mine and the quality is not great however I've heard great things about their other products.

Thanks for sharing the link, I just spent over $100 for gifts. Really a cool site.

:)

Archived