Aft Aqua on S-class?

Chooz2Cruz

I am truly and "aft-er". I have been spoiled with afts on my last 5 X cruises. Mostly, corner FOVs on M-class, and recently in an Aft Aqua on Summit. I am very hesitant to try S-class as neither the FOVs or the Aquas have the great balconies. Are there any AQ in the aft-facing on any of the S-class ships? I have a tough time determining the deck plans online, as the colors of AQ and other cats are very close. If I am not mistaken, aren't there 5 Aft AQs on Solstice? Do any other ships have them? If so, what are the cabin numbers? Some deck plans I see don't even show them on Solstice, so I am not sure. FYI.....I live on the balcony, so this is our priority when choosing a cruise. We have now also been spoiled by Blu, so would really like AQ again.. I don't even care about the itinerary, as long as I don't have to fly halfway around the world. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Here's a photo of the Solstice aft cabins. I'm not sure which ones are Aqua Class. You may be able to cross-reference the cabin numbers with the deck plans to figure it out. We were in 1674 on the Solstice. It was Aqua Class and had the widest aft balcony on that deck. If you look at the photo carefully, you will see that the aft cabins above and below 1674 (2152, 1206, 9382, 8344, 7364, 6312) are wider than the others on the same deck.

i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/selmob/Eclipse%202012/SunsetViewCabins-Solsticecabinnumbers.jpg

Bon voyage

Here's a photo of the Solstice aft cabins. I'm not sure which ones are Aqua Class. You may be able to cross-reference the cabin numbers with the deck plans to figure it out. We were in 1674 on the Solstice. It was Aqua Class and had the widest aft balcony on that deck. If you look at the photo carefully, you will see that the aft cabins above and below 1674 (2152, 1206, 9382, 8344, 7364, 6312) are wider than the others on the same deck.

i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/selmob/Eclipse%202012/SunsetViewCabins-Solsticecabinnumbers.jpg

Bon voyage

Did you feel a lack of privacy with the balconies above looking directly down onto yours? I was going to book one of these, but I am concerned about that issue.

Thanks for the info on the photo. I viewed it and observed that our cabin 7364-does have a

wider verandah- than the adjacent ones on that deck. I wondered about this, when I originally viewed the deck plan; wasn't sure if it was an optical illusion.

Another pleasant surprise! Received a surprise $300 "cruise discount", when I made my final payment, recently! Now, if I can only win the lottery.............

About privacy on aft cabins: There is an overhang of about one-third the depth of the balcony, so if you stay fairly close to the back wall you have complete privacy. The lack of total privacy on our balcony didn't bother us one bit.

Deck plans on some third-party sites haven't been updated, but the deck plan for Deck 11 on Solstice on the Celebrity web page accurately shows that 1668-1676 are A1 cabins. I booked one.....

FYI, 1676, 1672, and 1668 are bed by the bath.

Are there not any other S-class AFT Aquas on any ship other than the 5 on the Solstice????? I can't believe that there aren't any on any of the the other S-class ships. ANYONE? The spreadsheet does not even have the Solstice AQ afts listed.

I think the idea of Aqua was to be located near the spa.

I tried to make a reservation using 1674 as a cabin number on the Celebrity site. On Solstice, it indeed comes up as "Aqua" whereas on Eclipse it comes as concierge. However, it the bathroom design that defines Aqua, and I do not think it can be changed without a dry dock. On the spreadsheet, all 5 cabins are listed as C1.

So, to me it is a mystery that there are 5 aft Aquas on Solstice.

The bed was near the balcony in 1674 on the Solstice. The cabin was definitely AQ. Very little foot traffic back there, but the stewards used it as a staging area; however, they were not noisy and were always friendly when we were going and coming. I'd book that cabin again in a nanosecond.

Thank you for the info. That was my understanding, that those are Aquas. I appreciate knowing that 1674 is great.

My problem is that Solstice itineraries are now mostly Australia/New Zealand. And that is quite costly to get to. Any of the other S-class have any aft AQ? This means that there are no AQ afts in the Caribbean other than the 5 on Summit? Even Connie is not Solsticized yet, so she has none. Millie is in Asia, too. Infinity in SA.

I still would like to know if any S-class ships have aft-facing AQ cabins? What cabin numbers?

Yes, we stayed in 1674 on Solstice, which was an A1 aft cabin. Just take a look at the deck plans on the Celebrity website. They are all color coded based on category. The Aqua cabins (A1) are located on deck 11. I just checked a couple of other plans for other S ships, but only found the aft aquas on the Solstice. I could be wrong though. :confused:

Check reports on the S class spreadsheet. Hope to add more Reflection cabins soon!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

Hi Sandi

I just returned from the Reflection's TA and stayed in an Aqua Suite. I looked at your spreadsheet and would be pleased to add my comments about my cabin. How do I do that? I also have some photos too if you are interested. Please send me an email at justlove2cruise at yahoo dot ca

Archived