How long does it take for charges from the ship to drop off your bill?

I got home from a quick Monarch trip on Monday. Our folio summaries total $405.48 - but currently there is $727.48 from the Monarch pending out of my bank account. Does anyone know how long it takes for those charges to drop off?

Thanks in advance!

Edited to add that the title should probably say "drop off your account...."

I got home from a quick Monarch trip on Monday. Our folio summaries total $405.48 - but currently there is $727.48 from the Monarch pending out of my bank account. Does anyone know how long it takes for those charges to drop off?

Thanks in advance!

It probably depends more on your financial institution than Royal. We just got off Liberty last Saturday, and there were 3 charges from Royal pending on our card. All but one fell off yesterday, 3 days from the time we got off. The charge that stayed ended up being a different amount than what it was when it was pending. It did match the amount on our SeaPass statement.

Bob

Yes, I know what you mean. I too was a little concerned when I saw 3 charges, none of which matched our SeaPass bill.

For years, our DIscover account never showed pending charges - they just showed charges that got posted. They just started showing pending charges in the last year or so. I almost think it was better the old way because it causes a lot less worrying.

Bob

Thanks in advance!

I have just gone through this with my debit card on my recent thanksgiving cruise. final charge processed but a significant amount of preauthorizations still there. My bank drops a pre-auth after 4 days. I contacted Royal and a very helpful gentleman then put me on hold, contacted the finance people and determined the list of pre-auths not to be charged, contacted my bank and worked to get all removed...

I was very impressed with the customer service I got...2 hours later, all resolved.

I got off of Monarch on Monday as well and my charges have all been completely posted (and accurately as well). I use the Bank of America RCI visa card so maybe they post a little more quickly? :confused:

Ever since we got home, I've been walking around the house going, "Bing bong!" Whenever I heard the CD do it I had to say it too. :)

I just noticed the same thing... I have about 6 pending transactions... one for as little as $5.74, from Royal Caribbean, but then I have one LARGE cleared transaction... for the amount that my Sea Pass Statement reflected... got off the ship Saturday, and the pendings are still there.

I just noticed the same thing... I have about 6 pending transactions... one for as little as $5.74, from Royal Caribbean, but then I have one LARGE cleared transaction... for the amount that my Sea Pass Statement reflected... got off the ship Saturday, and the pendings are still there.

Some banks take a long time...do nmot hesitate to call customer service. I had them removed fairly quick and they did all the "legwork"...I only had to give them the customer service number for my card

Archived