Priority boarding question

cruisinaz

HI

One of the couples we are traveling with bought a suite..thus get the priority boarding.

I was hoping since we are traveling together we could get to join them in priority boarding..can that happen or am I just dreaming?

Thanks

You never know until you try or at least ask. It will depend on how crowded the terminal is and what kind of mood the carnival rep that controls the line happens to be in.

Above poster is correct. We were one short of platinum in Oct in Galveston, and a nice lady at what was still VIP entrance invited us in anyway, and we were onboard in 10 minutes. It is also correct that you can pick up expenses on your sail and sign for others, and as long as you all keep your receipts, you can settle up afterwards..

HI

One of the couples we are traveling with bought a suite..thus get the priority boarding.

I was hoping since we are traveling together we could get to join them in priority boarding..can that happen or am I just dreaming?

Thanks

how many of the "US" is there?

they can link your sign and sail card to theirs-- if there is only two of you.

but ya know=- if you get to the pier before boarding has started you will be boarding together anyway if you get zone 1

So then what happens when everyone who is traveling with someone in a Suite wants to do this. That drives me crazy. If it is important to you then pay for it!! The last cruise we went on the VIP lounge was so crowded I was shoved into a corner. We spend the extra money for the Suite because of my disability. I can't stand it when everyone has to cheat the rules.

So then what happens when everyone who is traveling with someone in a Suite wants to do this. That drives me crazy. If it is important to you then pay for it!! The last cruise we went on the VIP lounge was so crowded I was shoved into a corner. We spend the extra money for the Suite because of my disability. I can't stand it when everyone has to cheat the rules.

and now the faster the fun people will add more to that

OK we are in a suite, but I have a friend going with her mother.

They where able to get a Handicapped inside cabin, her mom uses a walker.

My mother also uses a walker, and will need help getting on board.

My question is how soon do the handicapped get on board, compared to suite people?

:rolleyes:

My question is how soon do the handicapped get on board, compared to suite people?

Handicap and wedding parties will board before priority boarding. She should board in the 1st group.

DH is in a wheelchair until we get on board & get his scooter that we rent & have waiting. From the time we leave the shuttle we don't stop walking. Haven't really seen the VIP'S but we couldn't get on any quicker. Do have to put your carry on threw & keep on going. Very very quick. :)

Dreaming, unless they are picking up the tab for your onboard expenses

Above poster is correct. We were one short of platinum in Oct in Galveston, and a nice lady at what was still VIP entrance invited us in anyway, and we were onboard in 10 minutes. It is also correct that you can pick up expenses on your sail and sign for others, and as long as you all keep your receipts, you can settle up afterwards..

I believe the above is FALSE... Only if you are a true VIFP (10 cruises or more) can you put everyone on your Sign n Sail account and all board together... Suite passengers do not get that option.... I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... won't be the first time :)

If you have a suite and you put the others on your sign and sail account (with your credit card) then they will have VIP access as well. That will mean you will pick up their tab. If not they will go in the general boarding. Their card will be in that section not the VIP lounge.

Everyone can be enrolled in the VIFP program it is different from the VIP--Platinum and above. Now everything says priority instead of VIP, guess it was too confusing.

• 1 year later...

:confused:So.....My husband and I are PRIORITY since we are staying in a suite but he kids......TWO couples all over 21 are staying in inside cabins, thus NO PRIORITY boarding. So....my question is this: It's their FIRST time cruising and we don't want to be separated right? Should we forgo our PRIORITY boarding and all stay together or will it be no big deal and we can meet up later? Advice?

:confused:So.....My husband and I are PRIORITY since we are staying in a suite but he kids......TWO couples all over 21 are staying in inside cabins, thus NO PRIORITY boarding. So....my question is this: It's their FIRST time cruising and we don't want to be separated right? Should we forgo our PRIORITY boarding and all stay together or will it be no big deal and we can meet up later? Advice?

IMO take your Suite perks and get on that ship!

The ship layouts are online, and you did say these are grownups, so designate a meeting place. I think you'll be able to find them sooner or later.

i agree with the above-- use your perks- have them meet you up on the lido deck when they get onboard. say around the pizza place where you will be seated

If you all arrive before 10:30 you will go to seperate areas to check in -- and you can wait with them in zone one if you wanted.

My parents got a suite when we sailed from New Orleans and DD and I had an interior. The Carnival VIP representative asked if we were together and my Mother replied, "Well, not in the same room, but this is my daughter and granddaughter. " The rep motioned for all us us to board through VIP and whispered that since there was a minor... It is generally Carnival's policy NOT to split parties. Maybe she was just a kind soul, but it really made our day!

Sent from my iPad using Forums