Bow Facing Cabin on the Allure

kelmac

My wife and I just completed our first cruise on the Allure (18 Nov -- 25 Nov) and curiosity caused us to book a Bow (front) facing Cabin. I did a search and found some basic info concerning these cabins, but I wanted to report back about our experience:

Yes, these window cabins are larger; about 41 square feet larger; around a total of 220 square feet; however, since the wall/window slopes toward the room, the space has limited use. The window is very large, maybe 85" X 40" and the view is great. We were on deck 10, in cabin 504.

Note: The drapes must be closed during evening hours, as the light from the cabin glares up into the bridge area. In addition, if you leave the drapes open during the day, and direct sunlight comes in, the cabin will "warm up" to uncomfortable levels. When we boarded the ship in Ft Lauderdale the drapes were drawn open (ship faces south at pier #18) and the cabin was so hot, it took several hours to cool the cabin back down.

We were looking forward to having a bit more motion from the ship, but the seas were so calm the entire week, we felt zero motion. Very quiet location on the ship and yes, when docking the Bow Thrusters do vibrate the cabin, but that is true of many areas of the ship.

We would certainly book one of these cabins again as the "feel" of the additional space has a positive impact. If you have any mobility issues, keep in mind that these cabins are a fair distance away from just about everything on the ship.

I will try and add some photos (click on the them to enlarge)

Enjoy!

Kel:)

IMG_3629.jpg.967391c5126629fc0d14573625adb24c.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg.113ed3f08b5df4caff1df41769dc4720.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg.82ed74a856c4035068cf498746523403.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg.1c58e8b515791f7ed107eb5e3266d8bd.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg.44dd6446f8f5520c5dd74ad1b35c351c.jpg

THANKS for reporting back. I was actually booked in one of these and after doing some research opted for an amidships Central Park View (no balcony) for the same cost. Just a personal preference. I used the Search Function and pulled up several threads where folks had also booked those forward facing ocean view cabins and there were comments on everything from slow bouncing motion to noise at night from the waves pounding the bow/hull of the ship when it was travelling at higher speeds. I guess it all depends on the weather/sea conditions of each cruise.

THANKS for reporting back. I was actually booked in one of these and after doing some research opted for an amidships Central Park View (no balcony) for the same cost. Just a personal preference. I used the Search Function and pulled up several threads where folks had also booked those forward facing ocean view cabins and there were comments on everything from slow bouncing motion to noise at night from the waves pounding the bow/hull of the ship when it was travelling at higher speeds. I guess it all depends on the weather/sea conditions of each cruise.

It may help to book one of these cabins on decks 10 or 11. We selected deck 10, as the bridge is above 11 -- not sure if they create any special/additional noise? Seemed very quiet to us.

Enjoy!

Seems like there would be more noise from Central Park compared to the front of the ship? How was it at this location?

Thank you for your review! We are travelling in a group on Oasis and have three (of our 5 cabins) of these booked on deck 10, so it was very helpful!

One of these will be used by my sister and brother in law who will have a 2 year old at the time, looks like that might be a nice place space under the window!

Seems like there would be more noise from Central Park compared to the front of the ship? How was it at this location?

I will be on her this Sunday and will report back. Not that I planned on spending too much time in my room. Maybe just to sleep. ;)

Sent from beautiful Fort Lauderdale!!! :D

Thank you for your review! We are travelling in a group on Oasis and have three (of our 5 cabins) of these booked on deck 10, so it was very helpful!

One of these will be used by my sister and brother in law who will have a 2 year old at the time, looks like that might be a nice place space under the window!

Perfect place for a two year old to play, and with a "blow=up mattress" it might be a much better place for the toddler to sleep (compared to the couch/bed). These cabins are designed for only two people.

Enjoy!

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but thanks to OP. I just booked one for May on deck 9. There wasn’t much of a selection since i’m Booking late, but saw a bow cabin available so thought I would give it a try. I was second guessing the decision, but this thread makes me want to keep it.