Goodbye Childhood- My soon to be 13 year old is an adult?

2boyzmom

Ugh- looks like excursions and soda packages are now adult prices for my son who will be 13 on our cruise in March :(

MADNESS !

Perhaps they'll let him drink beer on board then.

HOW can they class a 13 year old as anything other than a child ?

Disney considers age 10 an adult!!:eek:

I was going to take an 8 and 10-year-old on the Disney excursion while in Port Canaveral but the added cost of a 10-year-old being charged as an adult was the last straw. Oh, and BTW....that isn't NCLs rules, it's Disney's!!:mad:

So I guess none of us should be charged adult prices. :confused:

Well, yes, point taken but surely they should be encouraging families to cruise. Charging 13 year olds adult prices for sodas and excursions doesn't help really.

Disney considers age 10 an adult!!:eek:

I was going to take an 8 and 10-year-old on the Disney excursion while in Port Canaveral but the added cost of a 10-year-old being charged as an adult was the last straw. Oh, and BTW....that isn't NCLs rules, it's Disney's!!:mad:

The age issue will never deter us from cruising- it's just a rude awakening that's all :(

The age issue will never deter us from cruising- it's just a rude awakening that's all :(

It's a painful "milestone" for sure. I remember when our twins turned 13... and like you we just had another one turn 13. I get the air travel bit because some 13 yr olds are bigger than adults but it seems a bit early for cruise lines to make the jump. Our kids don't really turn into big "consumers" until 14/15.

No, I didn't think it would....just like it won't deter me! I was just making a point the NCL isn't the only corporation out there turning our children into adults to make more money.

Ugh- looks like excursions and soda packages are now adult prices for my son who will be 13 on our cruise in March :(

Restaurant menus for children are usually 12 and under. Many theme parks and entertainment venues have 12 or 13 as the magic age when the adult price kicks in. So do most mass transit options ( in NJ, it's 11!).

I don't see why a cruise ship and it's excursions would be any different.

Restaurant menus for children are usually 12 and under. Many theme parks and entertainment venues have 12 or 13 as the magic age when the adult price kicks in. So do most mass transit options ( in NJ, it's 11!).

I don't see why a cruise ship and it's excursions would be any different.

I was just venting- geez. Hey- you look young- wait till your kids turn 13! :)

No, I didn't think it would....just like it won't deter me! I was just making a point the NCL isn't the only corporation out there turning our children into adults to make more money.

I understand. Everything is just getting very expensive :(

Well- my "teen" is barely 13 and not even 100 pounds and besides the soda prices, its the excursions that almost double in price. Sorry but I think 16 would be more appropriate to charge full fare on excursions...

On excursions, a 13 year old DOES occupy a seat, right? You are not going to put them on your lap:D so it justifies charging full for an excursion.

Well, yes, point taken but surely they should be encouraging families to cruise. Charging 13 year olds adult prices for sodas and excursions doesn't help really.

As a business those 13 year olds are 3rd or 4th in a cabin generating very little revenue before beverages and shore excursions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Archived