Goodbye Childhood- My soon to be 13 year old is an adult?

2boyzmom

I'd put him on my shoulders for a price break ! :)

This comment really made me laugh! But just you wait- I have four kids and we just finished putting the third one through college. For four years we had two in college at the same time. You'll look back and long for the low-cost days when you had to pay adult rates for teenagers. :)

I'd put him on my shoulders for a price break ! :)

Gotta love this.

I do understand the 13 cutoff though. At some point we have to realize that a person will consume as much as a "real adult" (over 18). They tend to eat more, drink more and use more of the services. No one will ever make everyone happy with their age cutoff. Its kind of like... You are old enough at 18 to die for your county but not old enough to drink a beer.

Sorry your cruise just got more expensive, I do understand your venting. Have fun anyway

I remember when my son turned 13 and we didn't get the half price at LeBistro anymore. That hurt because he started loving the place when the cover was $15 and we only had to pay $7.50.

But I'll bet that at 13 (and maybe even 11 or 12) he eats as much or more than most adults. That's why the full charge makes sense to me.

beachchick

Well- my "teen" is barely 13 and not even 100 pounds and besides the soda prices, its the excursions that almost double in price. Sorry but I think 16 would be more appropriate to charge full fare on excursions...

Some adults are always under 100 pounds....hope your boy has a terrific growth spurt.

the teens take the same amount of space and time on excursions. Maybe the Tweens do too, so perhaps you have been getting a bargain for the past few years.

Have a great time.

This comment really made me laugh! But just you wait- I have four kids and we just finished putting the third one through college. For four years we had two in college at the same time. You'll look back and long for the low-cost days when you had to pay adult rates for teenagers. :)

I had 5 children in under 7 years, and my oldest is a junior in HS (and my youngest are twins). There will be many years when we have 3 in college! :eek:

I have no problem paying an adult fare for my teens - dd16 hasn't grown an inch since she was 13, ds14 is taller than me, and they consume WAY more soda that I do. They have to draw the line somewhere - I think when they become teens is a logical point. They aren't considered children, at this age, at restaurants, and by Disney's standards, they're almost senior citizens!

But I'll bet that at 13 (and maybe even 11 or 12) he eats as much or more than most adults. That's why the full charge makes sense to me.

beachchick

Actually he ate more when he was under 12. Never have had a problem paying the charge whether half price or full price because Le Bistro is wonderful. I was trying to make the comment that he fell in love with the place at an early age. If he could eat every meal there, he would. After a cruise, I am requested to make dauphinois potatoes like LB!

Archived