Breeze Dec 8th Delayed Departure?

Ron_L

A bunch of folks on the Dec 8th sailing on the Breeze received an e-mail today stating that boarding and departure would be delayed due to "operational considerations". This appears to be different than the e-mails that have been sent lately asking people to show up later for boarding. this one mentions that departure has been delayed until 6:00pm.

Has anyone seen any details behind this?

Here is the e-mail...

MPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL BREEZE

December 8, 2012

November 29, 2012

Hi there!

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard our brand new baby, the beautiful Carnival Breeze! So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

Due to operational considerations, check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited in the cruise terminal, we ask that you please not arrive before 2:00 PM. We will set sail at 6:00 PM and our itinerary plans remain the same.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation

See you soon!

A bunch of folks on the Dec 8th sailing on the Breeze received an e-mail today stating that boarding and departure would be delayed due to "operational considerations". This appears to be different than the e-mails that have been sent lately asking people to show up later for boarding. this one mentions that departure has been delayed until 6:00pm.

Has anyone seen any details behind this?

Here is the e-mail...

Might have something to do with the Tracy Wilson Mourning (Breeze godmother)Ceremony taking place that same day.

I too recevied that email

Ron...someone posted this a day or two ago. I cannot remember though what the outcome was. Perhaps do a search and you will find it.

Good Luck :o

Thanks... I missed it, but with the search function missing I wasn't able to search for it.

Might have something to do with the Tracy Wilson Mourning (Breeze godmother)Ceremony taking place that same day.

I too recevied that email

That's what we are wondering.

A gentleman asked JH about this on FB. JH hasn't responded yet but the OP on FB posted this update...

Just got off the phone with Carnival and per the person I spoke with they would never schedule an Carnival event that would prevent guest from boarding ontime. You should still be able to board early like normal and the departure time was change b/c of the port of Miami but will not change anything else.

From JH on FB a few minutes ago...

please do not worry. we send this to all our guests to try and avoid them all coming at the same time. We hope USCBP allow us to start embarkation at approx 10:30am.l Please let me kmnow if you have any questions and I wish you a wonderful cruise

I believe that is the day of the naming ceremony.

It is, but both John and Butch told folks that the passengers would be able to watch the naming ceremony on the big screen on the Lido deck, so it sounds like they are planning on us being aboard when it happens.

unless I hear a confirmation that we will not be able to access the port, we will arrive early as planed as well. Our rental car has to be returned at 10:30 and we plan on taking the shuttle to the port, so if worse comes to worse we will just wait it out.

I'd rather wait in line than be at work, lol! :p

Archived