FAQ's

LHT28

People often overlook the cruise line website to get answers to some basic questions

Here is the link

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/faq.aspx?Cat=All

Just scroll through & most of your questions will be answered

Lyn

A reflection of my thoughts over the past few months but I doubt it will resonate with those using this space to ask if O ships float.:)

What I have found in all my years of cruising (since 1974 when I was 9 years old ) is that cruise line brochures and now websites are not always accurate as compared to what happens in real life onboard a ship.

However, with that said...I will consider myself properly admonished for asking numerous questions the last couple of months as a 1st time cruiser to Oceania.

I personally apologize to all of you that clicked on my threads asking questions and requesting further clarification

and felt the need to roll your eyes and say something to your computer screen in response.

Thank you to those that responded, though I did find some of the info at times inaccurate...I was just to polite

to say so.

It is now close enough to my departure date that I can have the

attitude of ...

we will just figure it out onboard.

Happy Travels to everyone.

Bon Voyage.

Accuracy is challenging! For one thing, policies change. For another, perhaps the staffer was having a great or bad day when someone asked for something special. At the very least, perhaps we need to say whether it is current info (I like to look at the person's recent cruise history.) Or perhaps all of our replies should have the acronym YMMD! (Your mileage may differ)

Please do ask! Lots to learn about cruising and about O in particular.

However, with that said...I will consider myself properly admonished for asking numerous questions the last couple of months as a 1st time cruiser to Oceania.

Bon Voyage.

All I can say is WOW :eek:

No need to take my post personally it was NOT directed at you

Some new people just do not know where to look on the website or how to use the search feature here

When I was new here I was grateful for the information on how to find what I was looking for.

After cruising since you were 9 yrs you should know most of the ropes but agree some cruise lines do some things differently

Some questions have been answered many times so if you feel they were not helpful you are quite free to ask again no one is admonishing you for doing so.

Gosh I do hope you enjoy your cruise :eek:

Lyn

At the very least, perhaps we need to say whether it is current info (I like to look at the person's recent cruise history.)

OH GOSH yes please check to see when they last cruised:rolleyes:

I admit I have not cruised on Oceania for almost 2 yrs but do try to keep up with the changes

Hopefully when I return in April I will have more accurate information

YMMD

Lyn

I, for one, read a lot of the questions, but respond rarely as others know/remember the details better than I. I do, however learn a lot from everyone's questions.

No such thing as a stupid question.....well, at least most of the time! LOL!;)

Mo

I am new to Oceana but strongly agree with OP. I have been really surprised at some of the questions asked as well, especially those that are so basic that a short cursory look would disclose the response. I will disclose that in a few thousand posts I have been guilty of participating in these threads and probably asked a dumb question more than a few rimes.

For many years, when on the HAL, X and Princess boards, it was the "what to wear on formal night thread" which appeared every few days once it slipped off the first page. Then of course there was the predictable bloodsport which ensued. The topic of tipping, pitting the Aussies and Europeans against the Americans could reach a world cup fervor in terms of nationalism. Never mind that the tipping guidelines were clearly stated and evolved from the envelope at the end of the cruise, to the ever less ambiguous "hotel charges". Leading to why should one need to tip for children! IDK, maybe because they eat, sleep in a bed and use the cabins and bathrooms.

Or the dreaded single supplement question. Its in the book.

How about those who do not buy insurance but then think that the line has a moral obligation to give them their money back when a family member falls ill?

There are still people on the Costa board that think that the captain was a hero.

That said, i love these boards and the people who inhabit them, I have made some great friends over the years and done some terrific excursions with my Roll Call groups. Is kind of like one big crazy family where you take everyone as they come.

Then Lyn, why do you occupy so much time and space discussing Oceania?

Elwin

OH GOSH yes please check to see when they last cruised:rolleyes:

I admit I have not cruised on Oceania for almost 2 yrs but do try to keep up with the changes

Hopefully when I return in April I will have more accurate information

YMMD

Lyn

Then Lyn, why do you occupy so much time and space discussing Oceania?

Elwin

It is a open forum

Is there a rule about how often you must cruise on Oceania to be on the forum??

Please feel free to put me on your IGNORE list

Archived