SANTORINI Ship Tour SO01

hawkers

We are considering this tour on our upcoming cruise as a means to getting off hastle free. I note the time allowed is 3.5 hours. Anyone who has taken this tour, can you recall if the 3.5 hours is from ship to chair lift or is some of the time wandering in Fira part of this time?

Thanks

No, the time is till they drop you off at the Fira Cathedral. This is on the R/hand side of Fira (looking from ship). Then you have plenty of time to look around in Fira, just make sure you go on time to the cable car. The tour includes a ticket for the cable car.

We are considering this tour on our upcoming cruise as a means to getting off hastle free. I note the time allowed is 3.5 hours. Anyone who has taken this tour, can you recall if the 3.5 hours is from ship to chair lift or is some of the time wandering in Fira part of this time?

Thanks

Hi I don't know your personal cicumstances, but just to let you know that the best time we have had on Santorini was when we hired a car, we hadn't pre booked we just got off the cable car at about 9.30 walked down to the main road and hired a smart car from one of the rentals ( I think it was Hertz), it cost us about 45euros for the day plus about 15 euros for petrol at the end of the day, but we managed to tour the whole island and spend some time on the beach, we still had the car back for 4.30pm.

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide.

Having just comeback from Santorini with only a half day there .. We artived at 1.30, tenders did not start until 2.30 and it was dark by 6.30 (and that was a month ago), i would not recommend renting a car for only 3 hours of daylight. We had a private mini van (12-14 seater) and i would not liked to have been driving on those roads after Sunset. Specially on unfamiliar mountain roads. But that's just my peronal opinion.

The ruins were interesting but because theyare a way to drive, and especially since we were going to Ephesus (and some went to Pompeii) if I did it again I woud skip the ruins and spend time n the lite own if i only had a half day. I will find and post the name of our guide later today.

Also if ypu pan pn using a donkey, it will have to be to go up, not come down. The donkey union limits their hours ...

Thanks

We just came back from the 11/5 cruise on the Eclipse. What we did on Santorini was go to Oia which was less crowded and absolutely gorgeous very walkable small town. The line to the cable car was huge and I noticed that there was a shop, right near the cable car line, selling tours to Oia. For 20 euros per person, we got a ferry ride to Oia, a bus that took us back to Fira and cable car ticket. In my opinion this was well worth the money.

Archived