RC New Pureed Foods Policy

fergieis

I had read somewhere that RC will no longer puree vegetables, etc in the MDR. Is this the truth? Where is it stated on the website? We are planning a 7 night Bahamas cruise with a 6 month old and were planning on being able to get pureed veggies like we did when my daughter was a baby.

I have never seen a written policy one way or another.

Last year family friends cruised RCCL expecting to have foods pureed for their baby (as RCCL had done when they sailed with their 1st child). They were told (and they went all the way up to the Maitre D and to guest relations) that they could no longer puree foods because of safety concerns. According to what they were told there is no way to guarantee what may have been in he blender before so there could be food allergy issues. They told them that this was the new RCCL policy. As a result they spent a significant amount of port time searching for baby food.

This is one experience, but like everything else it could go either way depending on the ship/staff. Personally, I would take some foods with me. I'd still ask them to puree foods, but at least I'd know I have food with me in case they won't do it (or in case baby didn't like what they provided).

They have the small manual food grinders....a tad messy, but it might work! Or, just smash up stuff with a fork! Bring a few jars of baby food wouldn't hurt....or if you haven't started solids yet, continue just breastfeeding or formula supplemented with what CAN be smushed by hand!

Frankly when my daughter was 7 months on Disney we brought the Gerber in the plastic tubs because

1. They didn't take up much space

2. The space they did take up was used for souvenirs for the way home

3. I could guarantee the purity of the veggies and that there would be no added ingredients that I hadn't allergy tested for yet (many times the veggies aren't just steamed - they are steamed, buttered and seasoned)

And then if I saw applesauce or a banana on the buffet - I would take that and feed her that. I was able to mash that pretty well.

Good luck!

We just got off the NCL Gem with my 6 month old, and it never occurred to me to rely on the cruiseline for her food. I brought my own "pouches" for her (Plum Organics, Ella's Kitchen, Happy Baby, etc), along with some baby oatmeal, and she ate those in addition to nursing. Frankly at 6 months she's just getting used to eating something other than milk, it isn't really for nourishment, so if you had to go a few days without giving her anything additional it shouldn't be a big deal. The biggest "hit" of the cruise was discovering how great baguette can be as a teething tool, my dd drooled and gnawed her way through a ton of bread last week!

Archived