Duty free near Ciorcular Quay

We have an overnight in Sydney before disembarking. Can we buy duty free and where is the best/closest outlet? The DFS in George St looks rather exclusive and doesn't have a big range of spirits from what I see on the net.

Thanks if you can help.

Anna they have a Galleria in George st nearly opposite the OPT,is that the one you are thinking about...havent been in there for a couple of years and they used to open at 12 noon but you had to pay by credit card....dont know if its still the same

bob

We have an overnight in Sydney before disembarking. Can we buy duty free and where is the best/closest outlet? The DFS in George St looks rather exclusive and doesn't have a big range of spirits from what I see on the net.

Thanks if you can help.

I am also wondering the same thing. Also wanting spirits.

Thanks if you can help.

Hi Anna - not too sure if I understand your query - if yo have an overnight on the ship before you disembark, I believe you will clear customs when you first arrive in Oz, therefore you won't be able to purchase duty free as you have already "arrived" in Oz. HOwever if it's an overnight before you embark then you should be able to purchase duty free.

I agree that the onboard duty free on Royal was the best price, even cheaper than Vila where everyone recommended.

Maybe Kinkacruiser you could post in the forum thread specific to the cruiseline you are using & ask for recent prices of spirits onboard cruises out of Sydney? :)

Do you remember if they sold Bundaberg rum on Holland America ships?

Very unlikely. US ships do all their provisioning out of the US so, as that's something that's not commonly available there, it wouldn't be carried by the US lines.

We learned yesterday that we have the option of disembarking on the Thursday Dec 13, but Princess would have to advise Immigration of her needs in that regard. Majority are disembarking on the Friday. Given we are still in transit , DFS should work. Will try the DFS in Darwin's mall in a few days.

Spirits may be cheaper onboard, but the selection is not the best. I'll let you know how we get on in Darwin.

Thanks for all your replies.

Archived