Chinese Restaurant, Vancouver

A group of us will be staying at the Residnece inn in Vancouver next Sept for our Coastal Cruise, can anyone recommend a nice Chinese Restaurant near the hotel. Thank you.

A lot my personal favorites are not in down town Vancouver.

Many have migrated to Burnaby or Richmond or away from the downtown part of town.

I live a block from the Residence Inn - what type of food other than Chinese are you interested in and do you want a fancy dress up or more casual eatery. There is a Chinese restaurant at the corner of Davie and Granville - 2 short blocks from your hotel.

Try this site: http://dinehere.ca/r/vancouver?h=187 - our downtown core is compact - a little over a mile will get you to most places.

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis is very much the expert in the area of your hotel but I will throw out a couple of more within 6 to 8 blocks of the Residence. It's hard to beat the Kirin at 1172 Alberni St., I have had some excellent meals at the Victoria Chinese Restaurant in Royal Centre and then there is Hons WunTun House at 1339 Robson St. Dennis can probably can help us with this one but I have eaten a number of time a restaurant at about Howe and Smithe Sts....but the name wont spin up in the Rolodex of my mind???

Hi Putterdude and thank you both for your helpful suggestions, I will pass this unto our friends. he & his wife will be there 2 days pre cruise so have a chance to scout the area.

It has been a few years since I have been to Vancouver and Vancouver Island, that area is so beautiful. I am doing the Coastal with our friends, DH decided to forego that one and wait for our big Aust/NZ cruise March 19 & Syd to Honolulu April 10 of 2014.

Gay

Dennis is very much the expert in the area of your hotel but I will throw out a couple of more within 6 to 8 blocks of the Residence. It's hard to beat the Kirin at 1172 Alberni St., I have had some excellent meals at the Victoria Chinese Restaurant in Royal Centre and then there is Hons WunTun House at 1339 Robson St. Dennis can probably can help us with this one but I have eaten a number of time a restaurant at about Howe and Smithe Sts....but the name wont spin up in the Rolodex of my mind???

My DW and I like Hon's for a good quick meal at a very reasonable price when we are in the area. We also enjoy the Kirin but only with a group of people for a banquet or family style dinner.

Hon's dishes average $10 per dish while the Kirin is considered chinese "fine dining" with average dishes in the $20+ range.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived