Port in Costa Maya

kb777

• 4 weeks later...

This is located right at the port where you dock. This entire port was built for the cruisers. They have shopping, fountains, the pool, bars & restaurants, dolphin swims and a tower to climb to get a view of the ship in port.

IMG_0254-M.jpg

PC170138-M.jpg

PC170137-M.jpg

PC170139-M.jpg

PC170141-M.jpg

PC170143-M.jpg

thanks for the info on the port. I was there back in 2006, on my third ever cruise, but we didn't do much. Since we are doing a back-2-back this time around and have cruised 17 times. this will be cruises 18 and 19. We don't plan on doing much in Costa Maya again since port time is short, but I remembered the pool area, so maybe hang there for a hour or so and get a drink from the bar. Of course all depending on each, if crappy weather just staying on ship

The beach is not really a "beach". The beach part where the pool is with the chairs...man made with sand.

The beach part by the ocean, facing the ships and beside the dolphin encounter, you can't go in the water (it's huge rocks and not accessible).

PC170164-M.jpg

PC170162-M.jpg

That's a long pier! Or are they all that long? :D How long does it take to walk, so for example if I come back from my Mayan Ruins excursion at 1 pm, go back to the ship to get changed and eat a quick lunch, will I have time to go back to the port shops and pool for a couple of hours (ship leaves at 5 pm)?

That's a long pier! Or are they all that long? :D

Well...Belize doesn't have a "pier" and they have to dock. Roatan...you pull right up to it, step out, and you are there. :D Cozumel is a little long, twisting and winding until you can get down to the first floor where you catch a taxi.

We just returned from our cruise. We did go to Costa Maya and there is a pool at the port but it was really crowded. I am surprised by the photos that were posted where it almost looked deserted. There were two ships the day that we were there.

The first set of pictures I post awhile back were taken in September 2011 and it was when we first arrived and was walking through the port to go to our excursion.

The second set was just from last month and it was coming back from our day at Almaplena prior to getting on the ship.

I'm not sure if people was just not there yet by the time we arrived on the first one and people might have already left to get back on the ship by the time we arrived back to the port (which was 2:30pm) on the second time. But either time we were there, there wasn't many people in the pool. :)

Archived