Barcelone Hotels

Bornbeau

We did this and Hotwire put us in the Hotel Barcelona Universal which is very close to the Port and was quite nice. 4 Stars and we got a rate of only $81 per night which is really cheap for Barcelona. Of course, we did not get the complementary breakfast at that rate but there were plenty of places around to grab breakfast.

We stayed in this hotel as well and paid about $100. Hotel is very clean and comfortable and close to but not in the middle of madness that is Barcelona. There are many small restaurants close by that offer tapas, cheap beer and also cheap breakfasts the next morning.

My husband and I have stayed in Barcelona eight times. We stay at the Hotel Colon opposite the Catedral. The square is very interesting and the hotel is within walking distance of Las Ramblas, the HoHo bus and lots of adorable places. About Las Ramblas. It is almost a school for pickpockets and muggers. The only place you are unlikely to run into any is the fabulous Boqueria Market. We went there many times, and never saw or heard of any problems. They probably have excellent security. Pickpockets in Barcelona come in all ages, and use a wide range of techniques. For example, after you leave an eatery, someone will approach you, pointing to a stain somewhere. Oops. A confederate dumped the stuff and will rob you as the stain is smeared around. So, if you run into this, escape if possible. Another ploy: Young people are apparently interested only in each other, that is until you are in the center of them. As you slip trough the crowd, your wallet slips from your pocket. Partial solution for all this: Take only what you will realistically need out there. Perhaps cash for your next meal, and one credit card secured in a money belt.

Barcelona is notorious for pickpockets and they are everywhere. It is one of the worst placaes in Europe. Do not carry large cash or any credit cards except in a moneybelt under a tucked in shirt or around your neck inside a shirt and then avoid contact with anyone on the street that you don't know regardless of how helpful they might seem.

I've been to Barcelona several times...

Stayed in several different hotels...

But, reading your post, I immediately thought HOTEL CONTINENTAL...

You simply cannot get a better location in Barcelona, right on Las Ramblas, right near the Placa Catalunya...

Puts you right in the heart of everything, walking distance to most sights...with restaurants and nightlife right outside your door...

It's a funky old hotel but a real bargain in Barcelona...

Free wifi, 24 hour FREE buffet with snacks, breakfast, beer, wine, soda, ice cream...

Balconies with views of Las Ramblas...

..and, again, the BEST LOCATION in Barcelona...

I couldnt agree with you more. Ive stayed there 4 times and will stay there my next time in Barcelona.

Stayed here in October and agree with this post. We sat out on the balcony in the evening drinking wine and eating tapas off a small dining area and watched the action on Las Ramblas.

The room was small but served its purpose. I was amazed at the use of wall paper everywhere. I would describe it as 1850's bordello and it covered the walls, door/window molding, crown molding, air vents, etc. The staff was very helpful and provided tapas, salad, chocolate, wine, beer, coffee, and tea 24 hours.

Cheers!

I to vote for Hotel continental for 103 euro per night.

Stayed there in Nove. 1 night before the cruise and one after.

There is a 24 hour buffet free, coffee, tea, milk , beer and soft drinks.

Breakfast eggs,cereal, milk and lots off different breads.

Free computer. 2 min walk from the airport bus.

Balcony rooms overlook the happenings at the Ramblas.

The food is not 6 star but when you arrive from a long flight its nice not to have to go and look for food.Also a micro wave in room so you can take food to the room.

Book early it is a hotel well know and used by cruise Pax.

One warning everything is pink inside.

Look up their web site. www. Hotel Continental Barcelona.

Archived