apple users / facetime

dchillis

Unlimited internet is coming:

Cruise Critic learned of the unlimited Internet test from member Scottct1 who posted that an Unlimited Internet Access plan is available onboard Allure of the Seas for $149 a week.

Royal Caribbean confirmed Allure is testing such a package but wouldn't offer additional details on which ships are part of the trial, which ships might eventually get the package or what the package will ultimately cost.

i can confirm that facetime works via royal-wifi :)

As can I. I used it on Oasis.

I would be surprised if the on ship connection is fast enough for a good Facetime connection but I could be wrong.

Might even be happy to be wrong.

Interesting bit of info....I was talking to a guy in line, waiting to be let in the check-in area for Majesty. He was a contractor who was in the process of installing faster internet aboard RCI ships. Majesty was completed that weekend (of Nov 23). Supposedly, the upgrades make it 20 times faster.

As can I. I used it on Oasis.

Interesting bit of info....I was talking to a guy in line, waiting to be let in the check-in area for Majesty. He was a contractor who was in the process of installing faster internet aboard RCI ships. Majesty was completed that weekend (of Nov 23). Supposedly, the upgrades make it 20 times faster.

Ahhhh, I see.

That makes sense then. Last time I was on a RCI ship (~ 2 yrs ago) there was no way the connection could have supported it.

Archived