pre-paid gratuities /or early dining time

jpolm

ok- so if i pay pre-paid gratuities, but i decide i want early seating instead of my time dining what happens to my pre-paid gratuities?

how do you handle tips if you just do assigned "early" time dining vs. my time dining?

I am trying to make sense of this as before when i cruised we just put dollars in envelopes for all that we tipped

we got a deal where the TA will pay the PPG -- but on mtd, so what if i do early - do they give me the prepaid gratuities elsewhere or do i just have them pay them still?

...we got a deal where the TA will pay the PPG -- but on mtd, so what if i do early - do they give me the prepaid gratuities elsewhere or do i just have them pay them still?

Are you saying if your dining time is changed, you won't be paying gratuities? If your travel agent is paying your gratuities then just let it be, whatever dining time you end up with. The crew know who has prepaid and you do not have to worry about a thing - everyone who needs to be tipped (the 4 crew members who are included, I mean) have been taken care of. You may tip extra in cash to any of them if you desire, but the idea of prepaid gratuities is that you do not have to deal with it once onboard your ship.

Prepaid tips are compatible with any type of dining. Prepaying tips is required for MTD and optional for traditional early or late dining. prepaid tips makes it very easy on board...no need to stuff envelopes. if for any reason you do not feel like going to the MDR the last night, you do not have to worry about finding the waitstaff to pass the tip envelopes.

before the end of the cruise, the crew will know the tips are prepaid. If you feel the standard tips are appropriate, you do not need to do anything more on board. If you feel somebody has earned more than the standard tip, you can give that person more.

Prepaid tips are compatible with any type of dining. Prepaying tips is required for MTD and optional for traditional early or late dining. prepaid tips makes it very easy on board...no need to stuff envelopes. if for any reason you do not feel like going to the MDR the last night, you do not have to worry about finding the waitstaff to pass the tip envelopes.

before the end of the cruise, the crew will know the tips are prepaid. If you feel the standard tips are appropriate, you do not need to do anything more on board. If you feel somebody has earned more than the standard tip, you can give that person more.

Thank you makes sense!

I've been cruising on other lines for the past 10 years, that we purposely chose MTD so they would take out the tips! Never once stepped in the MDR once in 14 days. Never once had to worry about--what seems like such an archaic way now--gathering cash for tips. The only cash we needed to think about was room service, extra to room steward, concierge, and extra to specialty restaurant servers.

I thought we'd miss it.....but now it seems so silly and senseless. And yes, they know who pays.

Dawn

We paid the gratuities for my time dining and then changed our minds to the early 6:00 seating. Since we had booked through RC website and called RC to cancel the dining then they refunded our card that we had paid with online. We ate in the MDR 4 times and at end of trip we tipped for those nights we were there in cash.

Archived