Hiring taxi for the day

jbullock403

I have been reading the different threads about tour companies, and I was wondering if I would just be able to get off the boat and do a all day tour of the island, 5 1/2 to 6 hours. I was looking at Carsol's site and like the places that tour goes. Is it possible to just get off the ship and get a good deal or is it better to reserve ahead of time? Thanks for your help.

I have been reading the different threads about tour companies, and I was wondering if I would just be able to get off the boat and do a all day tour of the island, 5 1/2 to 6 hours. I was looking at Carsol's site and like the places that tour goes. Is it possible to just get off the ship and get a good deal or is it better to reserve ahead of time? Thanks for your help.

Not sure what Carsol's tour is - did you perhaps mean Cosol? Cosol's tour is excellent and a great price. Definitely would need to be booked in advance though.

Yes, you can hire a taxi from the port and check out all the places on your own. Taxi prices are quite high though....a taxi hire for the day for you and yours will run around $200+ US for up to 3 people, extra people will cost extra. This does not include any entrance fees or food & drinks - that will be extra. There are some tour operators at the ports that offer partial or full day tours, at varying prices depending on how long and where they go - worth talking to them if you are good at bargaining and are sure of the stops you want to visit.

Enjoy.

Archived