The NEW Carnival Gift Cards Site is open

bbohbbneedacruise

Click the card below for the site link

gift-card.jpg

CARNIVAL GIFT CARD

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Are Carnival Gift Cards sold in specific denominations?

A: The Gift Card offers flexibility in denomination value. A Gift Card may be purchased for a minimum value of $10.00 up to a maximum as large as a $1,000.00 balance on the Gift Card, so it's the gift that can keep on giving.

Minimum amount - $10.00

Maximum amount - $1,000.00

Maximum amount per transaction - $1,000.00

Edited by bbohbbneedacruise

NOT impressed that as a Canadian, I am unable to purchase these since their drop down window doesn't support any provinces - only US states.

:mad:

Ugh!! This is VERY irritating...I really wanted to give my parents a Gift Card for Christmas for onboard spending :( I wonder if this is something we could buy from a local travel agent?

Edited by RainbowsMist

NOT impressed that as a Canadian, I am unable to purchase these since their drop down window doesn't support any provinces - only US states.

:mad:

What else is new... some sites don't even list our province (PEI) when they do have Canadian sales available. C'est la vie...;)

Great idea though, I am sure it is just a matter of time when they are available north of the border.

Edited by Spudder

Ugh!! This is VERY irritating...I really wanted to give my parents a Gift Card for Christmas for onboard spending :( I wonder if this is something we could buy from a local travel agent?

I am wondering if I call Carnival will I be able to get some gift cards.....going to try and will let everyone know how it goes....

I am wondering if I call Carnival will I be able to get some gift cards.....going to try and will let everyone know how it goes....

From the FAQ

http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/FAQ.aspx

Q: May I purchase a Carnival Gift Card by phone?

A: No, the Carnival Gift Card cannot be purchased by phone -- they can only be purchased online at http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com or onboard 23 ships of the Carnival Cruise Lines fleet.

I would still call and let them know that there is no option for Canadians.

I was really hoping these would be a good way to help someone else save for a cruise by gifting them on special occasions, but I think they are missing alot of features. They should be able to register an account and redeem their cards to their account, kind of like Amazon. Then there would be no worries about losing multiple cards, especially since they are not reloadable. Having a bunch of separate cards to keep track of, would be a real pain. If they are lost, they can't be replaced even with a receipt?? Dumb.

Edited by DKF97
typo

. If they are lost, they can't be replaced even with a receipt?? Dumb.

While they cant be replaced the funds on the card can still be used. Its much better than the paper, which if lost were basically gone forever.

Q: My card no longer works. Can it be replaced?

A: No, lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards will not be replaced; you can still redeem the card value online at carnival.com using the 16 digit card number or directly onboard toward an Onboard Sail & Sign account.

Ok, I'm back. Called 1-800-522-2600 and spoke with a lady in Colorado who was very helpful by emailing someone in Miami about this problem. She is currently awaiting a response back and will phone me when she finds out. In the meantime, I called 1-866-270-1064 which is the dedicated line for the gift cards. I spoke with a gentelman who was very aware of the problem of Canadians not being able to buy these gift cards online and to quote him "We are aware of this problem and the gift card offer is only available to people in the U.S. As of now, we are not working on changing the website to support any other areas."

Wow. :mad: I am NOT impressed at all.

I was really hoping these would be a good way to help someone else save for a cruise by gifting them on special occasions, but I think they are missing alot of features. They should be able to register an account and redeem their cards to their account, kind of like Amazon. Then there would be no worries about losing multiple cards, especially since they are not reloadable. Having a bunch of separate cards to keep track of, would be a real pain. If they are lost, they can't be replaced even with a receipt?? Dumb.

Like many things, Amazon does this right IMO...if you get a gift card/certificate, you just enter the number into your account. No need to keep track of the gift card after that. When you make a purchase, you can choose to pay with the gift card amount or not.

Edited by emelvee

Ok, I'm back. Called 1-800-522-2600 and spoke with a lady in Colorado who was very helpful by emailing someone in Miami about this problem. She is currently awaiting a response back and will phone me when she finds out. In the meantime, I called 1-866-270-1064 which is the dedicated line for the gift cards. I spoke with a gentelman who was very aware of the problem of Canadians not being able to buy these gift cards online and to quote him "We are aware of this problem and the gift card offer is only available to people in the U.S. As of now, we are not working on changing the website to support any other areas."

Wow. :mad: I am NOT impressed at all.

not sure why everyone even wants these........??? IMHO just another way for Carnival to hold your money.......and yes, I am a Diamond on Carnival......but all the changes they've made this last year.....I'm just "not a believer" anymore.....

not sure why everyone even wants these........??? IMHO just another way for Carnival to hold your money.......and yes, I am a Diamond on Carnival......but all the changes they've made this last year.....I'm just "not a believer" anymore.....

I want them because they make a fantastic Xmas or birthday gift for people you know are going to cruise on or have already booked with Carnival. I also live in a remote place where shopping options consist of a small, old Walmart and basically not much else. Shopping online and e-cards are a way of life.

can these cards be reloaded?

I mean if I want to purchase 25.00 each week can i add that to the card or do i have to buy various cards?

Q: Can I add funds to my Carnival Gift Card online?

A: You may not add funds to your Gift Card online as the gift card is not reloadable.

ok- kinda disappointed with this feature-- thats a lot of plastic cluttering.

Edited by serene56

I really do hope they change this. I have a son taking his 1st cruise in 2014 and would love to be able to get him a card for a Christmas gift. If you are listening Carnival, you have a lot of loyal Canadian cruisers who would like to be able to buy these.

another reason I do not like the card---

with the funship dollars i applied at the guest services-- whatever was left over I got a check for the refund.

that will not happen with the gift card.

Shipping is .95 for regular mail. I think it was $5.95 for priority mail with tracking number.

wow.. if you order these a lot towards a vacation that 95 cents will rack up.

Edited by serene56

with the funship dollars i applied at the guest services-- whatever was left over I got a check for the refund.

That is the problem I am seeing too. And should be illegal or something. If I give you $25 and only buy $15 worth of stuff I should get $10 back. They are gonna 'steal' my $10 (or worse, 'steal' from family/friends that were nice enough to buy me that $25 gift card)? I was looking forward to this. Even held off sending out my Christmas cards because I was going to suggest to anyone that wanted to get me a gift, get me one of these. Now I wish I hadn't.

Q: Can I receive a refund on funds I have placed in my Carnival Cruise Lines Gift Card?

A:No, Gift Cards are not refundable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Gift Cards are redeemable for cruise reservation or onboard spending only, and there is no cash back.

wow.. if you order these a lot towards a vacation that 95 cents will rack up.

If the cards are for you, why would you have them shipped to you? The e-cards dont incur a fee.