Nachi Cocom - Ever been turned away?

scotlady

Hi. We have a group of 12, sailing on the Magic, and will be in Cozumel February 1st. There will be six ships besides the Magic in port that day, and we are one of the latest to arrive.

So - worried that Nachi will book up if we don't have reservations. Others in the group, though, said they've never had a problem with that.

Has anyone ever been turned away at that time of year?

Never been turned away, but then I have never spent money on a cab to Nachi without a reservation. The deposit is minimal and the place is great -- with 6 ships in port it is likely to fill all or most of the 100 slots - so why take a chance? :confused: What's the upside of not making a reservation? :confused:

Well, some in the group want to be able to change their minds about going if the weather isn't great that day. And the cancellation terms look a little unclear on Nachi's website. If you try to cancel the day before, do they charge your credit card for the whole $85 per person, or are you only out the deposit amount? I think that's mostly what we are worried about.

Plus, like I said, they have been several times without a reservation and never had a problem. That's why I'm trying to see if anyone has ever been turned away because it filled up.

Was there there two weeks ago. Six ships in port and the club was booked full. Cab driver asked if we had reservations before we even left the port. Then when we got to the club the asked again for reservation papers. It does book up if there are alot of ships in port. Also Nachi is open rain or shine so if the weather is bad and your ship is able to dock you have to show up and pay or they will charge your credit card unless you give 24 hour advance notice. Which is a little hard since we always turn off our phones. But the food and drinks are good and if it is raining it still a good time to sit under the palapas or main area and just drink and eat you moneys worth.

Well, some in the group want to be able to change their minds about going if the weather isn't great that day. And the cancellation terms look a little unclear on Nachi's website. If you try to cancel the day before, do they charge your credit card for the whole $85 per person, or are you only out the deposit amount? I think that's mostly what we are worried about.

Plus, like I said, they have been several times without a reservation and never had a problem. That's why I'm trying to see if anyone has ever been turned away because it filled up.

$85.00 per person???

It doesn't cost $85.00 per person to go to Nachi......

Since Feb is the beginning of the peak season, and there will be 7 ships in port, Nachi will be booked solid. Possibly sold out a month out.

With 23k people in port you won't be able to get into Nachi without booking in advanced.

Archived