Track vs Exercise Room - Pearl

MyLittleGhanima

Title says it all. I'm wondering if anyone has a strong preference for or against running on the track or the treadmills. I understand the machines can be busy in the morning, but that's sometimes easier to deal with than a track crowded with people walking. I'd prefer the track, but not if I have to play too much Frogger.

Sadly it seems like I'll have to do 2 of my 3 on excursion days, so morning before breakfast is only real option.

The Pearl has both a walking area on deck 6 and a running/jogging area on deck 13. If you use the proper deck you should have no problems. BTW the Jogging/running track goes around the outside of Cagneys :D.

And if only you could get the walkers to use deck 7 promenade the runners could use the deck 13 RUNNING track. Expect to play frogger.

And if only you could get the walkers to use deck 7 promenade the runners could use the deck 13 RUNNING track. Expect to play frogger.

On my PC cruise last year there weren't that many walkers on the track but played frogger with the people who didn't give a crap that it was a jogging track. Even with quite a few runners, they wouldn't move and expected the runners to stop and walk around them.

these are the ones that finish their breakfast at the "Great Outdoors" and head up top for fresh air.

If you like to maintain a steady pace or an actual running pace, use the treadmills. The deck 13 track weaves and curves, is fairly narrow in spots, and people do walk on it in order to go from one end of part of deck 13 to the other. Additionally, there can be a lot of wind up there while the ship is traveling. However, the track might be much more open during early morning hours. I've never been up that early.

Weather permitting (wind, rain) I always choose the running or walking track. Frogger or not, I'm on a cruise and wallking/jogging/running in the sea air, seeing the ocean is a great escape/backdrop/experience over a normal routine at home. With that said, I have gone by the gym at different times on the cruise later in the day and it was virtually empty. I suggest you try both venues during the cruise...

The outside track on the Gem was a nightmare. I gave up after the 1st 4-5 laps. I was on the track and 6:00am with a few others runner, we spent the time leap frogging around the walkers which was not too bad. The problem is the "track" has great view on the rear of the ship and people from the garden cafe outside dining come up and stand against the rails with their coffee. Its very narrow in some parts and I got some very annoyed looks when the people had to move for the people actually using the track for its purpose. Its really the only time during the cruise I wanted to stop, pick someone up and throw them over. Some people just don't give a crap about others

Archived