Celebration/Dream drinks menu

The price we are being asked to pay is half the adult price but it is still the full child price. Works out at £200 per adult per week and £100 per child per week. Our total for a 2 week cruise is £995. If you account for the additional cost of alcohol then the price for adults could arguably be reasonable in comparison to £100 per week for under 18s who have a limited choice and are now being pawned off with cheap soft drinks by the glass, that is unreasonable and absolutely anything but value in my opinion.

That sounds an awful lot - for children or adults! I am with you on this - not at all happy that they are going to start charging extra for canned drinks; just hope that the "soft drinks in a glass" will be fizzy etc but as I said in another thread, can't see the sense in it as it is going to take more staff to serve drinks from the "tap" than just to give out cans - during the day, we often get canned drinks from the bar - which is easy for the staff to serve; if people are going to be having the drinks "on tap", it's going to take them a lot longer to fill lots of glasses up than just hand out cans - I expect the bars are going to be even busier than normal; its doubtful that they will get more staff!! Also, in the evenings with meals, they have always brought cans of drinks for our teens (with glasses!) - guess that will have to change to glasses only now; it all adds up the number of soft drinks over 2 weeks - I wouldn't be happy at paying 95p every time they have a can if we've already got "all" inclusive!

Edited by Julessmiles

yep, I remember that too...it was 10p supplement for Barcardi (not that long ago either april 2010)

I have a drinks menu here from April 2009 - Celebration . For AI, ALL cocktails were included, Bombay Sapphire was extra 10p, Bacardi was no extra charge as were LOTS of branded spirits, Absolut was extra 85p and certain Brandys were £1.15 or £2 extra. Even sparkling wine by the glass was included then!! Canned Beer was £1.80/£1.95 extra, canned cider was £1.80/£2.10 extra. Liquer coffeese were £1.15 extra. In those days, cans were £1.25 to non-AI customers and cocktails £3.40. That's inflation for you!

Edited by Julessmiles

it definately looks like the prices have gone up...a lot!...tbo I cant ever remember getting cans on ai, but I might be thinking of island escape....we dont always have the ai....come to think about it, I do remember cans being £1.25 because i told the kids that they could only have 3 cans each a day and then switch to water out of the dispensers (3 kids...soon adds up):(

its looking like the ai price really isn’t worth the money....unless you can get a special offer

and, of course, its no longer full ai....now called a 'drinks package' they didn’t make it cheaper tho did they?:mad:

another 'that airline' moment for Thomson then :(

i suggest you try to get your kids to drink Mocktails. There are 8 available and they are free.

I presume a kids drink package includes all non alcholic drinks otherwise just what are they expected to drink. IRRC they are Very particular about brands.

Another doubtfull observation. Those menu pics don't show a statement about the spirit measure size or free mixers.

if the robbing b******s have reverted to standard pub measure that will be the equivalent of a 60% price hike :eek::eek:

or as we call them.....run amocktails!:eek:....... they are so full of sugar syrup! :(

I find whiskey works better....the kids fall over and sleep it off the rest of the day:cool::D

Edited by geomagot

or as we call them.....run amocktails!:eek:....... they are so full of sugar syrup! :(

I find whiskey works better....the kids fall over and sleep it off the rest of the day:cool::D

ha ha love it :D

Problem with the mocktails is there is only so much fruit juice someone can drink in any given day......we would quite like to be able to leave the ship in port! :eek:

If you have younger kids have you seen the price of a fruit shoot!!??

another 'that airline' moment for Thomson then :(

i suggest you try to get your kids to drink Mocktails. There are 8 available and they are free.

I presume a kids drink package includes all non alcholic drinks otherwise just what are they expected to drink. IRRC they are Very particular about brands.

Another doubtfull observation. Those menu pics don't show a statement about the spirit measure size or free mixers.

if the robbing b******s have reverted to standard pub measure that will be the equivalent of a 60% price hike :eek::eek:

Good point on the measures, wouldn't be surprised! Also noted there are supplements on Tia Maria as an after dinner drink yet you can order a black russian with no supplement. Cranberry in some cocktails is also included but carries a supplement as a juice as before.

ha ha love it :D

Problem with the mocktails is there is only so much fruit juice someone can drink in any given day......we would quite like to be able to leave the ship in port! :eek:

If you have younger kids have you seen the price of a fruit shoot!!??

My two will drink the Mocktails but like you say, there's heck of a lot of juice, sugar & calories in them!! My gripe is they don't just do a simple sugar free "squash". My daughter will drink fizzy, my son doesn't like it so it's always been juice or mocktails for him - he will drink water but when everyone else is in the bar / restaurant drinking wine, cocktails, spirits etc, he doesn't want to be sat there with a glass of water all the time!!!!

We're all assuming it's the new one as it is definitely different from the "old" one - it has been posted on here from Facebook.

Thanks for that. Are we assuming that if there is no price shown in column 2 then the drinks are free for people with a Drinks Package Upgrade?

Correct Kental

Theres considerably less selection and more supplemented drinks on the new AI compared to the old one yet the Dreams gone platinum :confused:

Thomson will now be charging the same prices for AI but with much less on offer.

Once I have a mo intend posting a comparison

Correct Kental

Theres considerably less selection and more supplemented drinks on the new AI compared to the old one yet the Dreams gone platinum :confused:

Thomson will now be charging the same prices for AI but with much less on offer.

Once I have a mo intend posting a comparison

There was a comment in the Q&A that the drinks contracts were up for renewal on the Dream & one other boat. Perhaps as a three or so year deal has come to an end.

Is there any chance of posting the bar menus in a different fomat? When I enlarged them, they were to blurred to read.

Many thanks

Kids found this on a friends facebook

its the new Celebration/Dream drinks menu ;)(thumbup)(thumbup);)

will try to upload all 13 pages today...in between...tea breaks & reading the 'sprouts of wrath':cool:

celebration1.jpg

celebration2.jpg

I would happily have paid for a can of mixer....on the Dream in November the mixer was flat all the time and they drowned the spirits....at least if you have the can to yourself you can add as little or as much as you like...When I asked for a gin with a can on the side I was told it was not allowed :rolleyes: we found the drinks service and quality poor on Dream..I hope its improved if we decide to go again!

I would happily have paid for a can of mixer....on the Dream in November the mixer was flat all the time and they drowned the spirits....at least if you have the can to yourself you can add as little or as much as you like...When I asked for a gin with a can on the side I was told it was not allowed :rolleyes: we found the drinks service and quality poor on Dream..I hope its improved if we decide to go again!

What we usually do is bring our own mixers on board with us. We order extra cans of coke when we were on the Majesty and kept them in the cabin as they were starting to run out of coke and would use the Pepsi brand:eek:. We would then stock up with coke when we docked at whatever port we were in.

What we usually do is bring our own mixers on board with us. We order extra cans of coke when we were on the Majesty and kept them in the cabin as they were starting to run out of coke and would use the Pepsi brand:eek:. We would then stock up with coke when we docked at whatever port we were in.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons Thomson are now charging for cans on the AI package? Perhaps people were "abusing" the system & ordering more than they wanted to consume at the time - maybe they are now trying to put a stop to all that which is why it is only soft drinks by the glass included in the AI? Another reason may be for Thomson to be more "green"? Imagine the number of cans of drink they are getting through every day - I guess if they encourage more draught mixers, there will not be the quantity of cans to store or to recycle at every port.

Edited by Julessmiles

Jules, I'm thinking that its not draught mixers that you will be getting, rather whichever half flat bottle or can they have open at the time. However, despite repeated requests on this board, Thomson have failed to answer one way or the other about drinks by the glass.

Jules, I'm thinking that its not draught mixers that you will be getting, rather whichever half flat bottle or can they have open at the time. However, despite repeated requests on this board, Thomson have failed to answer one way or the other about drinks by the glass.

I don't know anyone that would hand over £100s of hard earned cash without knowing exactly what they were getting for their money! Thomson should and I am certain will be required by some law, rule or regulation somewhere to clearly state the AI product that is on sale. Apart from people posting on this forum Thomson customers have no way of really knowing what they will or won't be getting with their purchase of the AI package.

Thomson can you please just be honest and clarify the soft drinks questions?

Edited by whistlerbc
correction

We were on the Dream this Summer - returning again October next year. All our Soft Drinks were from pumps (not bottles) rather than cans apart from Tonic to go with Gin. All Soft Drinks purchased this way were very fizzy/never flat; Diet Cola was Pepsi Light which we prefer to Cocal Cola Light anyway.

My only slight grouse with the ´new´ A.I. menu is that my favourite Dry Marini seems to have disappeared. As we have only paid 138 Pounds for 2 people/7 nights in 2013 - and we each have 3 glasses of Wine with lunch that more than covers this on its own - we are still very glad to have again booked the A.I. package.

Edited by campolady