beds for three

cybersal

My husband and I are both senior citizens and we are caretakers for our 52 yr old son who has had a stroke and has disabilities. Can anyone tell me what cruise line would offer a cabin (that we can afford:) with sleeping accommodations for us?

My husband and I are both senior citizens and we are caretakers for our 52 yr old son who has had a stroke and has disabilities. Can anyone tell me what cruise line would offer a cabin (that we can afford:) with sleeping accommodations for us?

You need to tell us, what you can afford.:confused:

Cato

Based on the description of the 3 passengers in your post , you will need to make certain the 3rd bed is not a pullman that drops from the ceiling and requires a ladder to get into the bed. Rather you need an HC cabin that has a sofa pull-out bed.

This is the description of the cabin we have booked on NCL Jade.

JADE 11147 FAMILY INSIDE 11 STANDARD CAPACITY – 4, WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE STATEROOM. CABIN INCLUDES REFRIGERATOR, SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX, CONVERTIBLE DOUBLE SOFA BED, AFT SECTION, TELEVISION, SITTING AREA, TELEPHONE, CONVERTIBLE LOWER BEDS (2), SPRINKLERS, SHOWER, TEA AND COFFEE MAKER, FOLDABLE SLEEPER/PLAYPEN, WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE, DUVET, PIER AFT, HAIR DRYER, STARBOARD SIDE, INSIDE STATEROOM, CABIN SQUARE FOOTAGE (258)

We have not yet seen the cabin, thus I cannot verify the “sofa bed” and would recommend that one verifies the sofa bed. Also, I believe that all NCL Jewel class ships have the exact same cabin. This cabin is located near the special elevator that has a stop in the main dining room.

Norwegian does offer some very economical cruises.

Betty

Edited by raindropsalways

Princess has wonderful HC cabins for more than two. I got one in a gty that was HUGE, an inside but a veritable suite with foldout couch. Carnival has some cabins that hold more than two, but they may also be insides. Check the sticky at the top about HAL HC cabins. EM

Princess has accessible rooms for 3 or 4 with both bunks and sofa beds.

We have also had accessible cabins for 3 without bunk beds on HAL and RCCL. On Celebrity we have only had bunks, but they may have something as well.

You have to ask about the specific cabin for each ship. It would help to know what cruise line you are most interested in, and what itinerary. Inside accessible cabins may be more likely to have these features than ocean view cabins.

Generally the 3rd person in the cabin goes at a cheaper rate...using about 1/2 the rate of the first two passengers.

You must have a fully accessible cabin. Don't take a semi-modified cabin...they will not meet your needs.

Princess has wonderful HC cabins for more than two. I got one in a gty that was HUGE, an inside but a veritable suite with foldout couch. Carnival has some cabins that hold more than two, but they may also be insides. Check the sticky at the top about HAL HC cabins. EM

It needs to be stressed that Carnival and HAL have both Fully Accessible Cabins and Modified Accessible Cabins . OP must be carefull when booking with either Carnival and HAL to make certain they select the type of accessible cabin that best meets there needs.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I'd suggest calling and explaining to a rep what your needs are. I needed to book a room for my two Grandmothers on Carmival - one very able-bodied and the other requiring a wheelchair. I usually book online for myself but called this time. The rep was extremely helpful in selecting the appropriate room for them, which turned out to be a modified cabin.

Typed with my thumbs on a tablet

• 11 months later...

If your son is in a wheelchair or other mobility device, you need an accessible cabin. Since we don't know what your son's disability is, it's tough to know how to assist you. If your son's disability isn't physical, then any cabin will do as long as it accommodates three. Some cabins will not hold three adults comfortably. Just make sure that the cabin you book has a third bed that is a sofa bed and not one of those that fold down from the wall or ceiling. Call a local travel agent and speak with them.

If your son is in a wheelchair or other mobility device, you need an accessible cabin. Since we don't know what your son's disability is, it's tough to know how to assist you. If your son's disability isn't physical, then any cabin will do as long as it accommodates three. Some cabins will not hold three adults comfortably. Just make sure that the cabin you book has a third bed that is a sofa bed and not one of those that fold down from the wall or ceiling. Call a local travel agent and speak with them.

The post you are replying to is not current. It's dated December 6, 2012.

The cabin I have booked for my next cruise on Carnival's Victory is not a handicap cabin but is quite large at 220 sq ft, is a cabin for 3 (not 4) and has a pullout couch. I know that the Carnival fleet has many cabins of this design in outside cabins

Room description

"Carnival Victory cabin 2278 is a Stateroom with Oceanview Picture Window cabin located in the Midship section of the ship. Located on Main Deck, Carnival Victory stateroom 2278 features Twin Bed/King and Single Convertible Sofa the Stateroom with Oceanview Picture Window on the Carnival Victory features two lower beds that can be converted to a queen sized bed. A picture window gives you a view of the ocean and there is a sitting area with a sofa. In select staterooms the sofa converts to a bed. Additionally there is a television, thermostat-controlled air conditioning, direct-dial telephone with voicemail, a lighted desk area and a hand-held hairdryer in the bathroom. The bathroom features a shower. All staterooms on Carnival Cruise Lines feature the Carnival Comfort Bed with soft, cozy linens, bathrobes, 24-hour room service, a personal safe and plenty of closet and drawer space. 220 square feet."

The post you are replying to is not current. It's dated December 6, 2012.

Actually, the OP has exactly two posts, posted 10 months apart, asking the same question:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1929646

Doubt the advice given on the second thread will be any different than that of the previous one. OP has not visited/signed in since three days after the second thread. EM

Princess has accessible rooms for 3 or 4 with both bunks and sofa beds.

We have also had accessible cabins for 3 without bunk beds on HAL and RCCL. On Celebrity we have only had bunks, but they may have something as well.

You have to ask about the specific cabin for each ship. It would help to know what cruise line you are most interested in, and what itinerary. Inside accessible cabins may be more likely to have these features than ocean view cabins.

Generally the 3rd person in the cabin goes at a cheaper rate...using about 1/2 the rate of the first two passengers.

You must have a fully accessible cabin. Don't take a semi-modified cabin...they will not meet your needs.

I've never been able to find a cabin for 3 adults with a sleeper sofa on Princess, unless you go for a mini suite. Closest we could get to a cabin like you suggest was under the nightclub :eek: we did book a cabin on the Celebrity Century with a sleeper sofa, but we really had to work with an agent to find this one.

Carnival has the most disabled cabins, which can accommodate a rollaway cot or trundle bed. Depending on the ship they also have sleeper sofas. Many have mini refrigerators for medications.

Edited by ccruisequeen

We have twice had the same inside fully wheelchair accessible cabin with 2 lower beds and a sleeper sofa on the Sapphire Princess. It was quite spacious. As I remember, it was E707. We also had one on the Grand Princess (again, an inside cabin); and I believe that was E717.

We had an outside balcony cabin on RCCI that was also fully accessible, 2 beds and a sofa bed.

On Holland America, on both the Statendam and the Ryndam we have had fully accessible cabins with two beds and a roll-in bed which worked fine for us. These are cabins G704 and G709.

A good travel agent can help you to identify and book these cabins.