Questions About MDR Service

jaguarstyper

Most of the time I just make the adjustments without thinking. It is usually a right handed person who notices what I am doing. The most conscience I am of it is when being seated for a meal. My DW is finally adjusting after 27 years, but it has been a slow process.;)

I hate that we always have to yank the credit card slip so we can sign it. Scissors are the worst. I worked in a school as an aide for YEARS. I didn't even know scissors came left handed until I hurt my hand so bad cutting and someone told me. I never thought about the tea cup thing. I guess I'm just used to moving it to the other side without thinking about it. So many little annoying things. We die sooner too!!

You mean they still have fish knives?

Been a while since I've been provided one and I notice those things. It was always that 'nice touch' I looked forward to. In truth, I don't provide DH and myself a fish knife when I cook fish but I always liked HAL did. :o

I'm really not being snarky I'm just wondering what the purpose is of one. I've seen them on HAL but I've never understood the purpose of it. Maybe it's because I'm not a fancy person;):D.

Fish knives work nicely by allowing you to flake the fish apart (instead of slicing through it and possibly ruining the texture of the fish) it's more like a butter knife with a beveled edge and point on it, also use the notch and point to remove bones :) ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VkLDSfX4mw

So many little annoying things. We die sooner too!!

This'll cheer you up: many of the studies that supposedly show we die younger have serious methodological flaws. Small sample sizes, not accounting for people who were born left handed and forced to switch (less common now, but depends on the year of the study), and other data-gathering issues.

Just be careful with those scissors! :)

[quote name='TheDarkestBlue']Fish knives work nicely by allowing you to flake the fish apart (instead of slicing through it and possibly ruining the texture of the fish) it's more like a butter knife with a beveled edge and point on it, also use the notch and point to remove bones :) ;)

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VkLDSfX4mw[/URL][/quote]
Thank you!

Outside of HAL, I have only seen a fish knife in 2 or 3 restaurants. Its my understanding that the invention of stainless steel knife blades sort of made them obsolete. Prior to SS, knife blades were made from regular steel to be able to be sharpened. Fish knives were made with a silver blade because they did not need to be sharpened and the steel blades of the day did not stand up well to the acidity associated with fish and would get stained. So, fish specific knives were developed to be used for fine dining. They are not really needed anymore, but the tradition did manage to survive. But, it looks like the tradition may be on life support these days.

[B]That speaks as to stainless steel but not as to those still using sterling and silverplate.....few as they may be.
Interesting comments, though.

But, it's true. I've only been provided fish knives in but a few restaurants and they were of the highest '***' category. :)

[/B]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]That speaks as to stainless steel but not as to those still using sterling and silverplate.....few as they may be. [/B]
[B]Interesting comments, though.[/B]

[B]But, it's true. I've only been provided fish knives in but a few restaurants and they were of the highest '***' category. :)[/B]

[/quote]Even with sterling flatware, a lot of the knife blades will be made of stainless steel. Silver does not edge well.

Archived