how do you book yours ?

beni1603

hi have been looking at the prices for cruises and because we are up in scotland the flight price is quite high. fly cruise from edinburgh is £881. whilst if i book a cruise on its own it costs £562. it seems such a lot for a flight when i can quite possibly get a flight to palma with easyjet , jet 2 or ryanair for a lot cheaper. ie under £100. so has anyone just booked cruise and made own way from airport to the port and how did you go about it ??? jane

I've seen this raised over on Thomson forum so would suggest that you either post on there or do a search of the forum. I'm sure you will get a lot of help as a lot of Thomson Med. cruises start from Palma, not just the IE.:):)

Jan

Jane,

It is quite possible just to book a cruise only and get your own flights BUT you are putting your entire cruise in the hands of which ever budget airline you happen to choose. Normally their flights are very reliable, but it only takes a broken plane and you can miss your cruise with no form of recompense. It is a better plan to do a stay and cruise, so if you do have flight problems you are not missing the cruise, or fly out here the day before and find an overnight stay in Palma. When we have done fly cruises from the UK we always arrange to fly back a day or two beforehand to make sure we don't miss the cruise flight. Better be safe than sorry.

hi have been looking at the prices for cruises and because we are up in scotland the flight price is quite high. fly cruise from edinburgh is £881. whilst if i book a cruise on its own it costs £562. it seems such a lot for a flight when i can quite possibly get a flight to palma with easyjet , jet 2 or ryanair for a lot cheaper. ie under £100. so has anyone just booked cruise and made own way from airport to the port and how did you go about it ??? jane

We only ever book cruise only and have been fine so far. Have booked for staying one night in Palma before Island Escape Cruise and it was really cheap, cost more transfer to hotel, hotel to port than one night b & B though.

Denise

We only ever book cruise only and have been fine so far. Have booked for staying one night in Palma before Island Escape Cruise and it was really cheap, cost more transfer to hotel, hotel to port than one night b & B though.

Denise

Hi Denise. We've not seen you for a while.:):)

Jan

Hi Jan

Yes sorry have been busy playing catch up with work and having a massive clear out at home. Keep popping in for a look, bit scary about the "sold" news for the Island Escape, we are booked for March but dare not take the chance for our group October holiday so have booked with a Spanish cruise line for October 2013. Hope this one does not bring me round full circle that is how we ended up on the Island Escape 2011 our Spanish cruise Company went bust!

Denise

Hi Jan

Yes sorry have been busy playing catch up with work and having a massive clear out at home. Keep popping in for a look, bit scary about the "sold" news for the Island Escape, we are booked for March but dare not take the chance for our group October holiday so have booked with a Spanish cruise line for October 2013. Hope this one does not bring me round full circle that is how we ended up on the Island Escape 2011 our Spanish cruise Company went bust!

Denise

Hi Denise. Ooh! you're asking for it, again. I remember your problems last time. Still, if all else fails you should get re-booked on another Thomson ship. It's all part of the excitement of booking with Thomson these days, will you or won't you be on the ship of your choice, lol.:D:D

Jan

Archived