Steam and Aauna?

Greencay

As LHT says, the Spa Complex is at the front of Deck 14

145900.jpg

Here is an enlargement of the area, with the Steam and Sauna areas labled:

131952.jpg *Note* The pool on the Spa Deck (one of those Thalassotherapy jobs) is smaller and round on the Marina, larger and oblong on the Riviera.

For those of you who cannot see the photo as LEESRE posted it, here it is again:

004141.jpg

Jim and Stan.

Thanks for doing this, but could you explain please, what have I done wrong.

I just uploaded the picture from my computer and does this open, I would love to put more pictures in my postings but if I am doing something wrong then please let me know.

Thanks.

The brain trust that designed the steam & sauna left two "amenities" off their radar. There is no bathroom and no sink to shave. Steam & sauna are beautifully appointed.

But you have to get dressed/don a robe, exit the steam/sauna room, wander off down the hallway to the "men's changing room" which has a toilet and sink (with razors, shave gel, combs, Qtips and towels) for a shave.

Weird thinking.

The brain trust that designed the steam & sauna left two "amenities" off their radar. There is no bathroom and no sink to shave. Steam & sauna are beautifully appointed.

But you have to get dressed/don a robe, exit the steam/sauna room, wander off down the hallway to the "men's changing room" which has a toilet and sink (with razors, shave gel, combs, Qtips and towels) for a shave.

Weird thinking.

Have never seen a ship steam which didn't contain toilet, towels, mirrors, showers, and small lockers. Even the R ships (at least Pacific Princess) provided this common sense.:eek:

Have never seen a ship steam which didn't contain toilet, towels, mirrors, showers, and small lockers. Even the R ships (at least Pacific Princess) provided this common sense.:eek:

I believe that you have misread Wristbands' post.

He is saying that while the Marina and Riviera have those facilities in the selfsame location as the R ships (in the locker room), they are not close enough to the steam and sauna to suit him.

I believe that you have misread Wristbands' post.

He is saying that while the Marina and Riviera have those facilities in the selfsame location as the R ships (in the locker room), they are not close enough to the steam and sauna to suit him.

That is the way I read it..to be clearer they need to be in one location and not requiring one to parade in a robe or half dressed to reach a shower and belongings. Any ship I've seen one saunas or steams, steps into a shower, grabs a towel, combs hair if present, and gets dressed. Simplicity.

I do not understand why you can not shave in your cabin??

Would a man not prefer to use his own saving equipment....I know my DH does

shave_2.jpgSteaming ones' face, pre-shave has long been a way of softening the beard.

Surely you have seen those hot towels in the movies...

Same principle

Steaming ones' face, pre-shave has long been a way of softening the beard.

Surely you have seen those hot towels in the movies...

Same principle

Ok I did not realize they also had hot towels there

So we are all on the same page, unlike the R ships, two separate locations are on Riviera.

Steam/sauna are situated in a single room with 2 shower stalls but no toilet/no sinks and no complimentary shaving gear.

Use of a toilet or to shave over a sink requires one to dress/enrobe and walk down the hall to a second "changing" room which has toilet/sink/combs/shaving gear but (obviously) no sauna/steam.

And yes, I prefer to shave after taking a sauna or steam as noted above & to use the ship's disposable razors, shave gel & combs. This is especially nice after working out in the nearby gym.

Having to go to a second location to shave and dress after a workout & steam is goofy.

So we are all on the same page, unlike the R ships, two separate locations are on Riviera.

Steam/sauna are situated in a single room with 2 shower stalls but no toilet/no sinks and no complimentary shaving gear.

Use of a toilet or to shave over a sink requires one to dress/enrobe and walk down the hall to a second "changing" room which has toilet/sink/combs/shaving gear but (obviously) no sauna/steam.

And yes, I prefer to shave after taking a sauna or steam as noted above & to use the ship's disposable razors, shave gel & combs. This is especially nice after working out in the nearby gym.

Having to go to a second location to shave and dress after a workout & steam is goofy.

Sadly...I remember when this conversation would not have taken place as ships had no such facilities! At least those I sailed.:)

I was on the Carnival Glory, on a cruise that I won at a raffle. They had a sauna and steam that each had wall to ceiling glass. I only saw the men's side but I assume the woman's side was similar. They also had toilets, sinks and showers. (from now on TSS)

I was on the Carnival Glory, on a cruise that I won at a raffle. They had a sauna and steam that each had wall to ceiling glass. I only saw the men's side but I assume the woman's side was similar. They also had toilets, sinks and showers. (from now on TSS)
Once on a port visit saw either steam or sauna which had ocean view. Now that is style! Been on so many here in HNL I don't recall the ship.

Archived