can u bring box wine?

spotter27

I took it out of the box..flattened the box..left the ends ope, re inserted it..protected the spigot....was ok..as well as my 15..ml btl, and a .75 ml btl..did put old chain maille purses over it and stacked the wine..it alllll made it thru xray w/o Q !

I took it out of the box..flattened the box..left the ends ope, re inserted it..protected the spigot....was ok..as well as my 15..ml btl, and a .75 ml btl..did put old chain maille purses over it and stacked the wine..it alllll made it thru xray w/o Q !

Sounds like too much work!! :rolleyes:

Not if you are paying over $30 a bottle for a $5 bottle of wine on the ship.

I think that's a bit of a stretch. My guess is that a $30 bottle of wine on the ship would go for about $15 in a retail store. Can you back up your claim?

In any case, would you smuggle a box of wine into a fine restaurant because you don't want to pay $30 there?

I think that's a bit of a stretch. My guess is that a $30 bottle of wine on the ship would go for about $15 in a retail store. Can you back up your claim?

Absolutely...before Carnival took out Beringer White Zinfandel and substituted a cheaper company, we frequently found Beringer White Zinfandel on sale at $4.00 a bottle. The regular price is around $5.99 and yes, on Carnival they wanted nearly $30.00 a bottle

In any case, would you smuggle a box of wine into a fine restaurant because you don't want to pay $30 there?

Apples and oranges. Most people take boxed wine to have a glass of wine in their cabin before dinner or whatever. Most people also take that wine to their hotel room if on a land trip. Just sayin.

I can buy Barefoot Wine here in Missouri for no more than $5.99 and I know it is close to $30 a bottle on the ship.

I can buy Barefoot Wine here in Missouri for no more than $5.99 and I know it is close to $30 a bottle on the ship.

I am just off the Breeze this morning. Barefoot Chardonnay is $114 for five 750ml bottles if one does the "wine deal"... plus extra charges. I can buy the same wine for $4.99 a bottle at Andy's Liquor in Rochester, MN. Do the math here.

If I just want to buy a glass of wine, with extra charges, the least expensive was $7.07 onboard. I believe that was Santa Carolina Chardonnay which also sells for $22 a 750ml bottle...plus extra charges, onboard.

Can anyone tell me where the policy has changed saying you can bring box wine? This is what I find on Carnival website. :confused:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection onboard in a designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

DD, 24, and I brought on a 1.5L box of wine (for her). I put it in my carryon with my 12 pk of Diet Coke. We went through security. They opened my soda and replaced them back in the box with a little encouragement from me :rolleyes:, and would never have seen the little cube of wine had I not pulled it out of my bag for them. It went through just fine. The female at security kept exclaiming over how "cute" the box was.