Excursion from Toulon

jvalastro

Hi, so we are a family of 5 traveling with another family of 5 and on our cruise aboard the Liberty of the Seas next summer, one of the ports is Toulon. So from what I have seen, the actual city of Toulon is not the best option for our day there, so I have narrowed our options down to three. Out of the three what do you guys think would be best for us: Aix-en-Provence, Bandol and the Beaches (or any other suggestions for a good beach), and St. Tropez. Also, do you think we should do these excursions through RCCL, with a seperate tour-guide, or on our own? Thanks!

I just came back from a cruise and Toulon was a port. We booked with Catherine at Tour Designer in Provence. The website is http://www.provence-travel.com. Catherine was not available and she sent Marjorlaine (sp) who was excellent. We did Casis and Aix en Provence. Great area and I highly recommend them.

Dena

Last summer we were on Liberty and did the Aix-En-Provence tour. We thought it was good value and gave us a taste of Provence. I know that some people talk about staying on the ship in Toulon, but we had never been to southern France before and enjoyed this excursion. If it helps, here is a link to my pictures from Aix.

http://markandkareneurope2012.shutterfly.com/pictures/497

We used Catherine as well, and were very pleased. I would look at going to Cassis and doing one of the boat tours out to the inlets as part of whatever you plan.

Also, be aware that if you are in Toulon on a Sunday as we were, many things may be closed. This makes that which is open much more crowded so plan accordingly (for example, sit down lunch = bad idea!)

Archived