Is it to Early to think Cruising Sydney to LA in 2007

harfield

A long way off yet I know but with the 2006 and 2007 itineraries being released in June someone said, we are seriously considering doing the Sydney to LA cruise in 2007, March on the Sapphire. We hope to put a hold on a Mini Suite for that cruise when we sail on the Diamond in October this year to obtain onboard credit. Is anyone else thinking about that cruise this far out.

Aussie Bob

I think it is a great idea. It is never too early. With only having to put down a small deposit, you have lots of time to see if the prices go down, and you will get the cabin that you want.

We booked our next cruise 16 months out. We knew what we wanted to do and went for it! I say go for it!:)

I'm wanting to take a Tahiti cruise next year so I asked my TA if she had gotten the dates yet. Being the wonderful person she is, she sent me the full schedule Princess sent out to the TA's for the 2006-2007 schedule of the ships. I can't copy and paste anything, but I did just look up the Sapphire Princess and the Sydney to LA cruise you are looking for:

Sapphire Princess

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

29 Days

Sydney to LA

So if you contact your TA they should have these sailing dates, but not the prices yet. She told me that it should be in the next two weeks for pricing. I'm so anxious to hear about the Tahiti prices that it is hard waiting.

Hope this helps for the date.

I'm wanting to take a Tahiti cruise next year so I asked my TA if she had gotten the dates yet. Being the wonderful person she is, she sent me the full schedule Princess sent out to the TA's

Hi there,

Could you possibly forward a copy of this to me? We are thinking of sailing the Pacific Princess and would love to make sure we've chosen the right date. My email is:

mommykim@yahoo.com

Well it took asking my daughter how I could copy and paste the information for the cruise you want and here it is. This is the only one that shows for 2007. i can't send you the information that my TA sent because of the pricing information at the end. She requested I not send that on. But here is the information for this cruise. If you want earlier dates that don't go to LA I now know how to copy and paste.

17-Apr-07 Tue Sailing H710 29 Days

Hawaii/Tahiti/South Pacific SYDNEY, Fiordland National Park Scenic Cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington,

Auckland, Fiji (Suva), Cross International Dateline, Pago Pago (American Samoa), Rarotonga (Cook Islands), Bora Bora,

Papeete, Hilo, Honolulu, LOS ANGELES

Well it took asking my daughter how I could copy and paste the information for the cruise you want and here it is. This is the only one that shows for 2007. i can't send you the information that my TA sent because of the pricing information at the end. She requested I not send that on. But here is the information for this cruise. If you want earlier dates that don't go to LA I now know how to copy and paste.

17-Apr-07 Tue Sailing H710 29 Days

Hawaii/Tahiti/South Pacific SYDNEY, Fiordland National Park Scenic Cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington,

Auckland, Fiji (Suva), Cross International Dateline, Pago Pago (American Samoa), Rarotonga (Cook Islands), Bora Bora,

This cruise then starts in Hawaii and ends in LA? Would like to confirm this with you because I myself am very interested......?

But here is the information for this cruise. If you want earlier dates that don't go to LA I now know how to copy and paste.

Could you possibly post the Pacific from about mid June thru July 2006? I would really appreciate it!

This cruise then starts in Hawaii and ends in LA? Would like to confirm this with you because I myself am very interested......?

A lttle confused. From what I saw the cruise starts in Sydney and ends up in LA total of 29days but you are saying starts from Hawaii. Hope someone can clear this up. Aussie Bob

A lttle confused. From what I saw the cruise starts in Sydney and ends up in LA total of 29days but you are saying starts from Hawaii. Hope someone can clear this up. Aussie Bob

Looking at this again it is Sydney to LA........it is the way it was showing that confused me..It would have been great travelling that way because one wouldnot have that long flight to Sydney.

I myself am interested in this cruise because was taking a single share on Diamond same route next year in April.I got cold feet about sharing and phoned Princess back re changing to single......ship was fully booked and they had already partnered me up with a stranger ...so I cancelled.

This will give me plenty of time to save up going as a single.

Have asked Princess about this cruise and they state they know nothing about it...Now I have more details will call them again tomorrow.

I will go back and see if I can copy the itinerary and paste it with earlier sailings. Sorry I can't send the actual mailing to you. The way it is written from Princess has the sailing date, day of the week, sailing number and the total days. Then it shows the Hawaii part for this one, but I couldn't figure out either why it says Hawaii but it actually starts in Sydney. Will try again on the next post.

This is the page from Princess for the Sapphire and the sailings. It looks like I actually got it to work for you. I think now it will be easier to understand how they print it with the order of dates, sailings, days and what they call the voyage. I copied it exactly and understand why the confusion to the last one. But that is what they printed, so nothing is changed. Hopefully this helps.

SAPPHIRE PRINCESS 2006-2007 ASIA, AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND & SOUTH PACIFIC VOYAGE CRUISE

DATE DAY NUMBER LENGTH DESTINATION PORTS OF CALL

(Ports of Embarkation and Disembarkation in CAPITAL LETTERS)

09-Sep-06 Sat H637A 22 Alaska & Far East Adventure

VANCOUVER, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay National Park Scenic Cruising, College Fjord Scenic Cruising,

Anchorage (Whittier), Kodiak, Adak Island Scenic Cruising, Cross International Dateline, Petropavlovsk (Russia), Kuril

Islands Scenic Cruising, Sapporo (Muroran), Tokyo (Yokohama), Nagasaki, BEIJING (XINGANG)

16-Sep-06 Sat H638A 27 Alaska & Far East/China Adventure

ANCHORAGE (WHITTIER), Kodiak, Adak Island Scenic Cruising, Cross International Dateline, Petropavlovsk (Russia),

Kuril Islands Scenic Cruising, Sapporo (Muroran), Tokyo (Yokohama), Nagasaki, Beijing (Xingang), Dalian (China),

Shanghai (overnight), Pusan (South Korea), Kagoshima, Taipei (Keelung), Okinawa, OSAKA

16-Sep-06 Sat H638 15 Alaska & Far East

ANCHORAGE (WHITTIER), Kodiak, Adak Island Scenic Cruising, Cross International Dateline, Petropavlovsk (Russia),

Kuril Islands Scenic Cruising, Sapporo (Muroran), Tokyo (Yokohama), Nagasaki, BEIJING (XINGANG)

02-Oct-06 Mon H639 12 China & Far East

BEIJING (XINGANG), Dalian (China), Shanghai (overnight), Pusan (South Korea), Kagoshima, Taipei (Keelung), Okinawa,

OSAKA

14-Oct-06 Sat H640 12 China & Far East

OSAKA, Nagasaki, Vladivostok (Russia), Pusan (South Korea), Shanghai (overnight), Dalian (China), BEIJING (XINGANG)

26-Oct-06 Thur H641 16 Southeast Asia & China

BEIJING (XINGANG), Nagasaki, Shanghai, Okinawa, Taipei (Keelung), Hong Kong, Nha Trang (Vietnam), Ho Chi Minh City

(Vung Tau), Singapore, BANGKOK (LAEM CHABANG)

11-Nov-06 Sat H642 16 Southeast Asia & China

BANGKOK (LAEM CHABANG), Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City (Vung Tau), Nha Trang (Vietnam), Hong Kong, Taipei

(Keelung), Okinawa, Shanghai, Nagasaki, BEIJING (XINGANG)

27-Nov-06 Mon H643 16 Southeast Asia & China

BEIJING (XINGANG), Pusan (South Korea), Nagasaki, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Nha Trang (Vietnam), Ho Chi Minh City

(Vung Tau), Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Kuantan (Malaysia), SINGAPORE

23-Dec-06 Sat H701 19 Australia & Asia

SINGAPORE, Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Ho Chi Minh City (Vung Tau), Bali (Padang Bay), Darwin, Cairns (Yorkey's), Cid

Harbor (for the Great Barrier Reef), Brisbane, SYDNEY

11-Jan-07 Thur H702 12 Australia & New Zealand

SYDNEY, Melbourne, Tasmania (Hobart), Fiordland National Park Scenic Cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch

(Lyttelton), Tauranga, AUCKLAND

23-Jan-07 Tue H703 12 Australia & New Zealand

AUCKLAND, Tauranga, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland National Park Scenic Cruising,

Tasmania (Hobart), Melbourne, SYDNEY

04-Feb-07 Sun H704 12 Australia & New Zealand

SYDNEY, Melbourne, Tasmania (Hobart), Fiordland National Park Scenic Cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch

16-Feb-07 Fri H705 12 Australia & New Zealand

AUCKLAND, Tauranga, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland National Park Scenic Cruising,

28-Feb-07 Wed H706 12 Australia & New Zealand

12-Mar-07 Mon H707 12 Australia & New Zealand

24-Mar-07 Sat H708 12 Australia & New Zealand

05-Apr-07 Thur H709 12 Australia & New Zealand

17-Apr-07 Tue H710 29 Hawaii/Tahiti/South Pacific

SYDNEY, Fiordland National Park Scenic Cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington,

This is the page from Princess for the Sapphire and the sailings. It looks like I actually got it to work for you. I think now it will be easier to understand how they print it with the order of dates, sailings, days and what they call the voyage. I copied it exactly and understand why the confusion to the last one. But that is what they printed, so nothing is changed. Hopefully this helps.

SAPPHIRE PRINCESS 2006-2007 ASIA, AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND & SOUTH PACIFIC VOYAGE CRUISE

DATE DAY NUMBER LENGTH DESTINATION PORTS OF CALL

(Ports of Embarkation and Disembarkation in CAPITAL LETTERS)

09-Sep-06 Sat H637A 22 Alaska & Far East Adventure

VANCOUVER, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay National Park Scenic Cruising, College Fjord Scenic Cruising,

Anchorage (Whittier), Kodiak, Adak Island Scenic Cruising, Cross International Dateline, Petropavlovsk (Russia), Kuril

Islands Scenic Cruising, Sapporo (Muroran), Tokyo (Yokohama), Nagasaki, BEIJING (XINGANG)

16-Sep-06 Sat H638A 27 Alaska & Far East/China Adventure

Kuril Islands Scenic Cruising, Sapporo (Muroran), Tokyo (Yokohama), Nagasaki, Beijing (Xingang), Dalian (China),

Shanghai (overnight), Pusan (South Korea), Kagoshima, Taipei (Keelung), Okinawa, OSAKA

16-Sep-06 Sat H638 15 Alaska & Far East

Kuril Islands Scenic Cruising, Sapporo (Muroran), Tokyo (Yokohama), Nagasaki, BEIJING (XINGANG)

02-Oct-06 Mon H639 12 China & Far East

BEIJING (XINGANG), Dalian (China), Shanghai (overnight), Pusan (South Korea), Kagoshima, Taipei (Keelung), Okinawa,

OSAKA

14-Oct-06 Sat H640 12 China & Far East

OSAKA, Nagasaki, Vladivostok (Russia), Pusan (South Korea), Shanghai (overnight), Dalian (China), BEIJING (XINGANG)

26-Oct-06 Thur H641 16 Southeast Asia & China

BEIJING (XINGANG), Nagasaki, Shanghai, Okinawa, Taipei (Keelung), Hong Kong, Nha Trang (Vietnam), Ho Chi Minh City

(Vung Tau), Singapore, BANGKOK (LAEM CHABANG)

11-Nov-06 Sat H642 16 Southeast Asia & China

BANGKOK (LAEM CHABANG), Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City (Vung Tau), Nha Trang (Vietnam), Hong Kong, Taipei

(Keelung), Okinawa, Shanghai, Nagasaki, BEIJING (XINGANG)

27-Nov-06 Mon H643 16 Southeast Asia & China

BEIJING (XINGANG), Pusan (South Korea), Nagasaki, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Nha Trang (Vietnam), Ho Chi Minh City

(Vung Tau), Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Kuantan (Malaysia), SINGAPORE

23-Dec-06 Sat H701 19 Australia & Asia

SINGAPORE, Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Ho Chi Minh City (Vung Tau), Bali (Padang Bay), Darwin, Cairns (Yorkey's), Cid

Harbor (for the Great Barrier Reef), Brisbane, SYDNEY

11-Jan-07 Thur H702 12 Australia & New Zealand

23-Jan-07 Tue H703 12 Australia & New Zealand

04-Feb-07 Sun H704 12 Australia & New Zealand

16-Feb-07 Fri H705 12 Australia & New Zealand

28-Feb-07 Wed H706 12 Australia & New Zealand

12-Mar-07 Mon H707 12 Australia & New Zealand

24-Mar-07 Sat H708 12 Australia & New Zealand

05-Apr-07 Thur H709 12 Australia & New Zealand

17-Apr-07 Tue H710 29 Hawaii/Tahiti/South Pacific

SYDNEY, Fiordland National Park Scenic Cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington,

I contacted Princess again today and they don't have the pricing as yet.Gave them the trip number this time.

Bookings open June 13 so will book my cabin then ....single this time around.Am pleased that Princess are still going to run this trip :)

So very kind of you and your TA to give us all this details.Myself have not been able to find a compatible TA in Vancouver for me :)

Hi everyone,

I am also very interested in this cruise in 07. We live in Vancouver as well!! I wanted to go on the 06 sailing but found out about it too late. I can;t make up my mind regarding a Hawaii cruise rt. from San Diego this Nov. with Celebrity. It is l4 nights and we have booked a CC at a good price ( I think) Since the Sydney to LA cruise will incorporate Hawaii feel in some way we should wait to do it all together. Does anyone have a ball park figure what this cruise is likely to be priced at? Converting from Cad. dollars will impact my decision as well but would love to do it. We just returned from a transatlantic on the Star princess and loved the ship and itinerary. Any feedback would be appreciated. I have 2 future cruise deposits that we made on the Star princess and could use one of these for this cruise but want to be certain it does not become too expensive with shore excursions etc. before I commit. Thanks for any imput from any of you.

Rhonda

Hi everyone,

I am also very interested in this cruise in 07. We live in Vancouver as well!! I wanted to go on the 06 sailing but found out about it too late. I can;t make up my mind regarding a Hawaii cruise rt. from San Diego this Nov. with Celebrity. It is l4 nights and we have booked a CC at a good price ( I think) Since the Sydney to LA cruise will incorporate Hawaii feel in some way we should wait to do it all together. Does anyone have a ball park figure what this cruise is likely to be priced at? Converting from Cad. dollars will impact my decision as well but would love to do it. We just returned from a transatlantic on the Star princess and loved the ship and itinerary. Any feedback would be appreciated. I have 2 future cruise deposits that we made on the Star princess and could use one of these for this cruise but want to be certain it does not become too expensive with shore excursions etc. before I commit. Thanks for any imput from any of you.

Rhonda

OK Rhoda I was charged EBD rates at over $5000.00 as single share for ii inside Lido deck .That would work out as over $10.000.00 for two cabin only for the April 2006 sailing.

Thank you for that info. Thought it would be in that range but had hoped that would be an outside or balcony!!! ( I wish) Will have to think more about it. Have until end of August to cancel Infinity Hawaii cruise if we decide to do this one. Sounds like such a wonderful itinerary and the one way flight is even more alluring. I am sure it will sell out as fast as the 06 one did. We are newly retired and must weigh whether we want to cruise more frequently or splurge on this one!! Such heavy problems. Thanks again,

Rhonda

Thank you for that info. Thought it would be in that range but had hoped that would be an outside or balcony!!! ( I wish) Will have to think more about it. Have until end of August to cancel Infinity Hawaii cruise if we decide to do this one. Sounds like such a wonderful itinerary and the one way flight is even more alluring. I am sure it will sell out as fast as the 06 one did. We are newly retired and must weigh whether we want to cruise more frequently or splurge on this one!! Such heavy problems. Thanks again,

Rhonda

Hope you do decide........ would be nice to have you both from home on the trip.

I am going to do without cruising till 2007 so I can afford a single cabin on this cruise :)

As for pricing, and basing it on same trip 2006 Sydney to San Francisco is around $6800 Aust (about the same as Canadian) for a mini Suite. Our friends here in Australia booked this trip through a US TA and got it for alot less so thats what I am basing the 2007 trip on. Dont want to book until October because thats when we are on the Diamond so to get the onbooard credit. Hope it doesnt book out to quick. Aussie Bob

For us the cruise deposit would be the future cruise deposit ( open booking) we made on our Star Princess cruise in May. It is $100.00 US. a fantastic deal and you have 4 years to use it. Must be done while onboard however. We have decided to cancel our Hawaii-14 nt. rt from San Diego and go on this cruise!! Can't wait to get pricing so I can decide what category we will do. A mini suite would be nice for the extra closet space but will have to see what the pricing will be.

For us the cruise deposit would be the future cruise deposit ( open booking) we made on our Star Princess cruise in May. It is $100.00 US. a fantastic deal and you have 4 years to use it. Must be done while onboard however. We have decided to cancel our Hawaii-14 nt. rt from San Diego and go on this cruise!! Can't wait to get pricing so I can decide what category we will do. A mini suite would be nice for the extra closet space but will have to see what the pricing will be.

Wonderful news ....we must keep in touch :)

You can email me from my profile.

Hi Kruisey-tried to e-mail you from your profile. Unable to do so. Will have to keep in touch for sure!!! Wondered if your dog was a standard poodle. We have a Yorkshire Terrier-slight size variation. We lived in North Vancouver for many many years but have retired to the Aldergrove area. Saw friends off last night who are leaving on the Alaska cruise today. Wish the weather was better! Met these people on a European tour 11 years ago and have remained friends. Nice to travel and meet people from all over the world. They just completed a western Canada tour and did the Rocky Moutaineer train trip. They raved about it and especially the food!!:o

Regards,

Rhonda

Cruise-lady: We are booked on the April 06, Diamond, Sydney to San Fran. We booked some time in March of this year. At the time the only balconies they had were BB guarantees. We got a rate of just a little over $3500 pp. So if you have a good TA who books a lot with Princess he/she can watch for good prices for you. Hope this helps.

Hi Kruisey-tried to e-mail you from your profile. Unable to do so. Will have to keep in touch for sure!!! Wondered if your dog was a standard poodle. We have a Yorkshire Terrier-slight size variation. We lived in North Vancouver for many many years but have retired to the Aldergrove area. Saw friends off last night who are leaving on the Alaska cruise today. Wish the weather was better! Met these people on a European tour 11 years ago and have remained friends. Nice to travel and meet people from all over the world. They just completed a western Canada tour and did the Rocky Moutaineer train trip. They raved about it and especially the food!!:o

Regards,

Rhonda

I did open up my e-mail so others could contact me through the profile page.,.....but it mentions it is not allowed at the moment....it is hmitch@telus.net

Archived