cheers beverage program

stefyo

We did Cheers last year on the Ecstasy, and will do it again in a heartbeat.

If you're a drinker, it's nice to know you won't have any surprises at the end of your cruise with a crazy bar bill.

We like to drink and party, and it's actually harder than you think to hit the 15 per day.

Edited by xxjulzxx

If the current rate is 49.95 + 7.49 (15% gratuity) = $57.44 per person per day

57.44 X 2 (people per cabin) = 114.89 per cabin per day

114.89 X 7 (days) = 804.20 Total for 7 day sailing.

804.20 / 210 drinks (15 drinks max. per person per day) = $3.83 per drink

804.20 / 140 drinks (10 drinks per person per day) = $5.75 per drink

804.20 / 98 drinks (7 drinks per person per day) = $8.21 per drink

804.20 / 70 drinks (5 drinks per person per day) = $11.49 per drink

So if you are drinking less than 7 drinks per person, per day I don't think it is worth it. If you have more than 7 drinks per person, per day then it is probably worth it. Remember that there is a max of 15 drinks per day for each cruiser and both people in a cabin have to buy the package.

I have plenty of friends that would love this package and the price as they had exceeded this $$$ amount on past cruises. For me and my wife, we will just pay per drink as we do not pass the 7 drinks per day. Some days we do but not everyday. Remember there are port days where you are off the ship for several hours.

This is just my opinion and simple math from the facts that are available.

Keep in mind what this doesn't take into consideration. Included in the package is all your nonalcoholic drinks except water and coffee. So you can have unlimited soda and unlimited virgin drinks. Plus get discounts on water and drinks above $10

Currently Available On

(last updated 12/11/2012)

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Valor

Carnival Victory

It's on way more ships than that now, as of about 3 months ago

CHEERS! is now offered on ALL ships with the exception of the Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Sensation and Carnival Spirit.

Edited by nitro2448

everyone is saying mixed things about getting NON alcoholic drinks on the cheers program.

IT says sodas and also frozen cocktails are included. does that mean NON alcoholic frozen cocktails too? My husband wants it and will drink a decent amount since we are on vacation but I will maybe have a drink or two but would drink the rest as a non alcoholic daquiri, etc.

is NON alcoholic FROZEN drinks included in the unlimited

everyone is saying mixed things about getting NON alcoholic drinks on the cheers program.

IT says sodas and also frozen cocktails are included. does that mean NON alcoholic frozen cocktails too? My husband wants it and will drink a decent amount since we are on vacation but I will maybe have a drink or two but would drink the rest as a non alcoholic daquiri, etc.

is NON alcoholic FROZEN drinks included in the unlimited

I'm not really sure if virgin frozen drinks are unlimited or if they count towards your 15 drink limit. If they do count, I would get to know a bartender real well and ask him or her to put the shot of alcohol on the side and then add it as a floater to your husbands drink. Of course this is only if 15 drinks over the course of a day is not enough for your husband. ;)

It's a shame that Carnival does not have a similar package to the one that RCI recently started. It's called the Royal Replenish and for 20.00 per day you get premium coffees and teas, fresh squeezed juice, bottled water (still & sparkling), all non alcoholic drinks both frozen and on the rocks and fountain soda from the bars or from the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines on those ships that have them. You could get this package, while your husband would have his choice of 3 different packages that include alcoholic beverages

And even better than the Royal Replenish is the 1-2-3 Go promotion on Celebrity, which entitles you to their Classic alcohol package for FREE.

I purchased on Alaska cruise and yes you can use for non alcohol drinks and doesn't count towards 15 limit. If you also take into consideration the soda card you get as well, in my opinion it's worth it. Nice to know ahead of time what you're bar bill will be.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

yes, you get charged the embarkation day as well as the disembarkation day

basically you are charged per night.

a 7 night cruise leaving and returning on a sunday will pay 50 x 7

It goes by nights not days. a 7 night cruise is actually 8 days

So a bucket would count for four drinks? Do they enforce the rule where everyone in the cabin has to purchase the cheers program?
Buckets are not part of the program, you have to buy your beers one at a time and 5 minutes apart. Yes, the rule is enforced that everyone over the age of 21 has the buy the program and that includes your pregnant GF or your 80 year old grandmother that doesn't drink. The only way around the requirement is if mom and kid one are in cabin one, while dad and kid two are in cabin two. This way only dad has to purchase the program.

Buckets are not part of the program, you have to buy your beers one at a time and 5 minutes apart. Yes, the rule is enforced that everyone over the age of 21 has the buy the program and that includes your pregnant GF or your 80 year old grandmother that doesn't drink. The only way around the requirement is if mom and kid one are in cabin one, while dad and kid two are in cabin two. This way only dad has to purchase the program.

I am pregnant and we booked our cruise recently. I am required by Carnival to get a form completed by my doctor to ensure I will not be past 25 weeks on disembarkation. We have been told by Carnival this also exempts me from buying the drink package if my husband decides to get it. At this point, he is still deciding.

I am pregnant and we booked our cruise recently. I am required by Carnival to get a form completed by my doctor to ensure I will not be past 25 weeks on disembarkation. We have been told by Carnival this also exempts me from buying the drink package if my husband decides to get it. At this point, he is still deciding.

That is good policy! I've heard that guests have had issues with the same challenge, so I'm glad they have some provision for our expectant mothers!

First of all, best of luck with regards to your pregnancy. Not all information given out by CSR's is always 100% accurate and this phenomenon is not limited to Carnival. Misinformation regarding drink programs is also spewed by the CSR's on Celebrity and RCI as well. Unless there has been a recent policy change by Carnival, the everyone that is over 21 rule in the cabin must purchase the program is still in tact, with no exceptions. If they do make an exception for you, consider yourself lucky and hopefully you have a great cruise and later on this year a healthy addition to the family.

First of all, best of luck with regards to your pregnancy. Not all information given out by CSR's is always 100% accurate and this phenomenon is not limited to Carnival. Misinformation regarding drink programs is also spewed by the CSR's on Celebrity and RCI as well. Unless there has been a recent policy change by Carnival, the everyone that is over 21 rule in the cabin must purchase the program is still in tact, with no exceptions. If they do make an exception for you, consider yourself lucky and hopefully you have a great cruise and later on this year a healthy addition to the family.

Thanks!

I'm pretty new to the forums but I've seen that said a number of times already.

I posted in the main thread about this as well and seem to be getting the same answer. I am going to check it out for sure when we get onboard, even if he decides not to go with it, just to know for sure.

It won't be a huge deal to us if he can't since he is on the fence anyway but it is unfortunate if they are giving out incorrect information.

Looking at the cheers beverage program it states:

Program does NOT include the following:

• Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

Does that mean soda is included in this package?

Also can someone tell me if this package is available on the Valor?

Yes the cheers program is worth it, you can not buy it individual, if you decide to get it you must buy it for all legal age persons in your party. Each person has to use their own card for each drink and there is a 15 drink limit per day per person. We are not heavy drinkers but after a week at cruise ship prices we save over $200 by buying it. If you you can get Non Alcoholic drinks with it but it counts as one of your 15