Anyone on the Carnival Splendor 9/25 Mexican Rivera?

willow028

This is the longest long shot in the world, but as we prepare for our next cruise, husband and I were talking about our last one and the day we wish we had pictures/video of.... 9/25/2011.

Was anyone on this ship? And if so, were you at the back of the boat in the "adults only" pool on the day "keep away cockroach" was played in the pool?

If you're not sure about the game, we had a pool full of people tossing a cockroach to upper balcony's. A couple was going the steak house and the man was up there catching the cockroach and tossing him back. As the cockroach was caught, the entire pool area was chanting "Sid, Sid, Sid" until he was thrown back to the pool, to be tossed again.

No, I am NOT making this up! Sid is my travelling cockroach and he's been more places than most people, although this was the first time he had an entire pool deck chanting for him! One of our friends from the ship said he met someone who got a video and gave her our info, but she never sent it.

I'm always updating Sid's page (yes, I have too much time on my hands) and really would love it anyone who was there could send me pics or video of this epic cockroach moment! :o

I can't decide whether to be disgusted or amused. Was this poor creature alive? Hoping it was a toy.

LOL yes he's a toy ~ trying to find a picture but need to switch computers since I can't give a link to his FB page ~ he's way more fun than a travelling gnome or can of SPAM!

Last edited by willow028; Today at 06:15 PM. Reason: Dangit - forgot 2011 in the title and I can't edit that!!!

FYI: You CAN edit titles within the time limit. When you click "Edit" there will be another button "Go Advanced." You can edit the title there. :)

BTW I love Sid! Hope you find videos.

FYI: You CAN edit titles within the time limit. When you click "Edit" there will be another button "Go Advanced." You can edit the title there. :)

BTW I love Sid! Hope you find videos.

Thanks for the info - much appreciated!

And Sid's a cool dude - he says thanks! I know this is a long shot but I'm hoping someone on here may know someone who knows someone... etc! :D

I love it!!!! Nice roach! Have you tried searching on youtube for videos of your cruise?

Thanks - I've been sporadically trying that (and just tried again after reading your post in case something new was up) - for some reason a search for "Carnival Splendor cockroach" returns no results! I've tried other variations too but never can find anything even close :(

Sid's just not feeling the YouTube love!

was there a roll call for your ship, even if you were not a part of the roll call, trying doing a forum search over there, it maybe closed, but if you post on it and people have subscribed you may have better luck.

AWESOME idea! I forgot *hangs head in shame* about this forum before that cruise so didn't participate, but there probably is one ~ off to check!

Archived