Carnival Glory May 5 2013!

jaxie001

Yeah!! We're booked!! * doing a happy dance*

Carnival Glory leaves May 5 2013, wedding in St Thomas on May 8th, arranged thru Janelle or Island Bliss...what a sweetheart of a gal!

Any one have any info on guest favours from the Island?? We're thinking fancily packaged bottles of rum...what are peoples thoughts on the ships alcohol policy and this? Will they let guests take it thru or "hold" it til the end of the cruise??

Congratulations everyone!!:)

I've heard of other brides being able to get through security with small bottles of liquor or even entire cases of wine. I think it wholly depends on the Port of Miami (I assume that's where you're leaving from) and how stringent they are. I've never cruised from there, so I'm of little help.

I've heard of other brides being able to get through security with small bottles of liquor or even entire cases of wine. I think it wholly depends on the Port of Miami (I assume that's where you're leaving from) and how stringent they are. I've never cruised from there, so I'm of little help.

Thanks for the response, actually I'm thinking about when we embark on St. Thomas after the wedding, we did have some small tequila bottles last cruise in Mexico they let us thru with as souvenirs, but if my guests go back on board with bigger bottles on St thomas will they take them, or their whole favour/gift from the wedding?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks carnival-brides, can't help but hope they maybe let them thru lol, probably not tho...that's ok, I was quoted $9 for a 26er so still a good gift to go home with. I think now that the Glory has Cheers program all the guests may go that direction. Which means they wouldn't be opening the bottls in room anyway.

I see your countdown is soon!!! Congratulations!! Best Wishes for a fabulous day!:)

• 2 months later...
Yeah!! We're booked!! * doing a happy dance*

Carnival Glory leaves May 5 2013, wedding in St Thomas on May 8th, arranged thru Janelle or Island Bliss...what a sweetheart of a gal!

Any one have any info on guest favours from the Island?? We're thinking fancily packaged bottles of rum...what are peoples thoughts on the ships alcohol policy and this? Will they let guests take it thru or "hold" it til the end of the cruise??

Congratulations everyone!!:)

congrats on your up and come wedding m wife and i will be on the cruise with you.... let me know if you need a photographer.... :)

Thank you so much!! I will let you you know about the photography lol Make sure you stop for a drink if you see us wandering around all dolled up on the wednesday!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Jaxie001--you will have to let me know how your cruise and wedding turn out. I am booked on the Glory in November. Getting married in St. Thomas with Janelle. I would love to hear how your planning is going and how the wedding goes as well. Thanks

Hey there, Cwillygj, Congratulations!! I have very good intentions of coming back to post some kid of review...not sure how quick on the uptake I'll be but I'm gonna try!! I have found these boards to be sooooo helpful and the people full of ideas, so I can't help but pay back my experience.

Hows the planning going so far? Janelles a great help isn't she? Are you doing a beach reception or back on board?

Jackie

We've reserved for dinner in the steakhouse, the only "reception" on the ship we could get was offered at 1pm, which timing wise for us didn't work out. We also wanted to be able to spend as much time on the Island as we could. Are you using one of her recommended photographers? We went with Elisha, I really liked her work!

• 1 month later...

Hey Cwillygj, things are good, getting closer lol, Janelle's been awesome, I got a little freaked with the possibility of Grand Turk being cancelled and then San Juan and st thomas being flip flopped, which would mean we wouldn't get to St thomas til the day after we had planned for, and she was good to say don't worry we'll figure it out, etc, so that was nice.

Where abouts is your ceremony again? What do you plan to do for hair/makeup etc? On or off ship?

We did book the steakhouse, my 4 year old will go to the kids club and then we will be picking him up before they bring out our cake for dessert, Are you having a reception on the island?

Jackie

Are You Going Crazy, Your date is coming VERY soon :) And what did U choose to do about the Liquor? I have gotten on B 4 with big Bottles OR I would say these are Wedding Favors.. Most time there is only one person at that Table, N if they are busy they cant get everyone.. lol Im sure u will be ok ;)

LOL surprisingly I'm relatively calm :), no sense In getting wound up, (been enough of that trouble in previous months of planning and I was losing focus on the happiness of the day) we decided to go with mini bottles with a shot glass in a touristy bag, most guests are doing the cheers program so it seemed un-needed to buy large bottles for everyone to just tote around. If I'm prepaying for cheers I am sooooo taking advantage when I'm on that ship, I can buy duty free on my way home before crossing the border lol

Are You Going Crazy, Your date is coming VERY soon :) And what did U choose to do about the Liquor? I have gotten on B 4 with big Bottles OR I would say these are Wedding Favors.. Most time there is only one person at that Table, N if they are busy they cant get everyone.. lol Im sure u will be ok ;)

4ever! How did I Miss we're just days apart!! That Is so awesome!! I can't see of this phone details of sailing, which ship are you on?? Are you all ready?? :)

Hey jaxie001! I'm sailing on May 5, 2013 too! We are having an embarktion day wedding though;) Best of luck to you for your island wedding and cruise (and the remainder of planning/prepping!)! :)

Where abouts is your ceremony again?
--Lindquist Beach
What do you plan to do for hair/makeup etc? On or off ship?
--My DD is actually a hair and makeup genius, So i am lucking out. i'm gunna make her earn her trip...ha ha
We did book the steakhouse, my 4 year old will go to the kids club and then we will be picking him up before they bring out our cake for dessert, Are you having a reception on the island?
We are actually going to book the steakhouse as well. No reception on island. We wanted to give people the option to spend time in St. Thomas.

I am so excited for you...I'm still trying to pick out colors. :o

Your a lucky gal, put that daughter to work lol

We felt the same about peoples time on the island, I'm hoping to be able to have enough time after the ceremony to ride the skyride up the side of the mountain, my other half was like "in a wedding dress you want to do that?" I said well why not? Lol

Colours didn't really get picked for us, it just kind of happened when we realized things started to follow a pattern.

4ever! How did I Miss we're just days apart!! That Is so awesome!! I can't see of this phone details of sailing, which ship are you on?? Are you all ready?? :)

Hey!! We are on the Breeze and yep we're pretty much ready. I just feel the need to start packing NOW lol

Hey!! We are on the Breeze and yep we're pretty much ready. I just feel the need to start packing NOW lol

LOL, I've been trying to pack for a week or 2, keep coming up with more stuff I "think" I'll need lol

What time is your ceremony?? I think we need to figure out how the ships dock in Miami, then we either go to front/back of ship if they are end to end and wave at each other!!! :)

Archived