Book Direct with RCCI or get gift card from TA?

Hi everyone,

Since RCCL has their new policy of not letting TAs discount cruises, some TAs are now offering perks such as gift cards. Is there any reason for me to book directly with RCCL rather than getting a $300 (OV) or a $425 (balcony) gift card for booking elsewhere? Do I get more "past guest incentives" (points, etc.) by booking directly?

Thanks!!

Book through a TA. I had problems last time I booked directly through RCCI. If something goes wrong with the res., a TA can act as your advocate. Also, if you can get a gift card, go for the gift card.

While I know that the rules state no more perks/discounts, most TA's are still offering stuff of some kind. I guess RCI still doesn't have the rules tight enough to choke off every avenue of discounting or some of the TA's have decided to challenge it in their own way.

TA's are still offering incentives to book with them. They are just having to be more discreet about it and not advertise it. TA's can still give gifts to their their clients just more discreetly. People have to find out which TA's are offering the gifts by word of mouth instead of being advertised on a say a website.

Cruisingsisters

We are not permitted to offer any incentive for booking RCI/CEL. We are permitted to run specials on group sailings with On Board Credits. It is common for a TA to offer you a "gift" but we are unable to advertise this what so ever. If a TA is advertising any "gifts" on their websites or in print then they risk the ability of being able to sell RCI/CEL. Any incentive must be non revenue driven and TA's cannot let you know the value of said gift.

Complex and a PITA.

Booked once with that company........booked at a really low, low price when everyone else was aleast $700.00 more per person for the same category Cabin. I believe they were holding group space which made their price so out of whack.

Had no problems, would book with them again if price was right.......

Jimbo< the free gifts are not a incentive to book with any online agency, it's strictly price.

I would book with a good TA. I say good because not all will do this but ours constantly checks the price of our cruise after we book to see if the price goes down or if they are running any resident deals, etc. We have recieved money back in the past and upgrades by her doing this. RCCL wont do this for you. Now, you need to find a good one that will do that. It is hard to find.

Archived