Bio Bay Kayak or boat?

Sunseeker11

Can anyone help me decide? Noticed there are several operations out of Fajardo. We are in decent shape but I was wondering if we should book a boat so we can relax, will be the last day of our vacation after our cruise after a day of hiking in El Yunque... was looking at BioIsland (electric boats) vs. Pure Adventure (kayaks) or Kayaking Puerto Rico. All have good reviews. I am leaning towards the electric boat but am wondering if the kayak is a better experience? any help would be appreciated!

I have not done the boat tour, so I cannot speak to that, but the kayak tour is amazing! One of the best experiences I've ever had. I don't think anything can compare to kayaking through the mangroves at dusk and being able to draw your hand through the water and see the trail of bioluminescence!

We also hiked during the day...it wasn't an issue (group of ages 7 to 48 and everyone loved it.) We went through Kayaking Puerto Rico out of Fajardo. They were professional, fun and fantastic. Eat at Dino's when you're done!

We dock in San Juan at 1pm and leave at 11:00pm. Would love to be able to hike El Yunque and then kayak the bio-bay. Unsure if that is possible, any thoughts? In trying to swing both trips would rental car be an option, or stick with cruise excursions to play it safe? Thanks!

Both are possible - we've done it. Rent a car and drive to El Yunque - hike to the falls for a swim. Have a local dinner in the Fajardo area, then head to the Bio Bay. I highly recommend Kayaking Puerto Rico. We've used the several times - great trip. I recommend the kayaking - much more unique experience compared to an boat. The rain forest and Bio Bay are "must sees" in PR - don't miss them!

Archived