? For recent Viking Njord or other longship cruisers

remydiva

Are complimentary house coats/ robes provided in Cat A cabins? I see on the additional info that slippers are included but no mention of robe.

We are on the dec 29 Danube cruise and I'm packing so theminfomwould be helpful.

Thanks in advance.:)

I had thought imhadvread it somewhere on their website but darned if I could find it again. Thanks so much...whoo,hoo. More room in the suitcase. I am bound and determined to do this trip with one 20 in carry on ONLY...wish me luck.

I had thought imhadvread it somewhere on their website but darned if I could find it again. Thanks so much...whoo,hoo. More room in the suitcase. I am bound and determined to do this trip with one 20 in carry on ONLY...wish me luck.

A word of caution... I would check with your airline before planning carry-on only. I have noticed a few airlines actually weigh your carry-on (less than 10 kg allowed) - and won't allow oversize bags in. Saw a couple of people stopped getting on a plane - as the attendants indicated that the "carry on" wasn't "carry on" size... and they couldn't bring it with them.

Now - not sure how you travel - and if you travel business class, they may allow more weight and/or bigger bags... but, DH and I can only afford economy and space is always tight further back. To be honest, I do find it a bit frustrating when people insist on bringing full size suitcases onto a plane - and taking up space in the overhead bins that was meant for 2 or 3 people.

Fran

A word of caution... I would check with your airline before planning carry-on only. I have noticed a few airlines actually weigh your carry-on (less than 10 kg allowed) - and won't allow oversize bags in. Saw a couple of people stopped getting on a plane - as the attendants indicated that the "carry on" wasn't "carry on" size... and they couldn't bring it with them.

Now - not sure how you travel - and if you travel business class, they may allow more weight and/or bigger bags... but, DH and I can only afford economy and space is always tight further back. To be honest, I do find it a bit frustrating when people insist on bringing full size suitcases onto a plane - and taking up space in the overhead bins that was meant for 2 or 3 people.

Fran

good advice. we had our carryon weighed in Sept travelling Paris to home on Air France so i may be forced to wear layers....but the shoes could be tricky!

UPDATE...I just checked Lufthansa web site and they only allow 8 kg weight for carryon so i better weigh it NOW and rethink things. I too thought it was 10 kg.

good advice. we had our carryon weighed in Sept travelling Paris to home on Air France so i may be forced to wear layers....but the shoes could be tricky!

Ok - the visual of layering shoes just had me in stitches... especially if you you are taking a pair of heels!!! :D If you do manage that, can you post a pic??

Good luck with your packing. We could never do carry-on only... I consider 15 kg a "light" suitcase when we are travelling out of country.

Fran

Ok - the visual of layering shoes just had me in stitches... especially if you you are taking a pair of heels!!! :D If you do manage that, can you post a pic??

Good luck with your packing. We could never do carry-on only... I consider 15 kg a "light" suitcase when we are travelling out of country.

Fran

Me too but after hauling way too much this summer to europe I swore I would do it with less...but traveling in the dead of winter perhaps is NOT the trip to try it on.

I need a lighter suitcase I think!

Me too but after hauling way too much this summer to europe I swore I would do it with less...but traveling in the dead of winter perhaps is NOT the trip to try it on.

I need a lighter suitcase I think!

Just back and bought two lighter carryon suitcases with 360 wheels so whoo hoo. I think we can do it for 8 kg each bag plus my largish purse and the computer bag for iPad and NETBOOK.

Just back from Viking Christmas Markets Cruise. Never saw a robe, but never thought to ask for one. If you are going a day early- Marriott in Budapest did not have robes, Brrrr...

I too, am a comfirmed light traveler. That said, I really thought I was prepared for the cold but I needed more layers, I was thankful for extra clothes in suitcase so I could wear them all! I looked like the "Pillsbury Dough Tourist" So don't underpack! (Of course I'm a California wimp) We all lost gloves- lay one down to count out $$ at market & never see it again!

Enjoy!:)

Just back from Viking Christmas Markets Cruise. Never saw a robe, but never thought to ask for one. If you are going a day early- Marriott in Budapest did not have robes, Brrrr...

I too, am a comfirmed light traveler. That said, I really thought I was prepared for the cold but I needed more layers, I was thankful for extra clothes in suitcase so I could wear them all! I looked like the "Pillsbury Dough Tourist" So don't underpack! (Of course I'm a California wimp) We all lost gloves- lay one down to count out $$ at market & never see it again!

Enjoy!:)

We are meeting friends on the ship who are " California wimps" to use your words so no doubt they will over pack and maybe I will bum some clothes off them!

Archived