Passports or Drivers Licence on Australian domestic cruises?

bigmarkus

I have tried to contact RCI with no luck, and none of the 4 travel agents I've asked can get any sense either. I am doing a Rhapsody Of The Seas cruise in Feb 2013, Sydney, Melbourne and tasmania. I am a New Zealander, but have been in Australia for 23 years. My Kiwi passport is currently expired and I would prefer not to get it renewed until I absolutely have to. I am a resident of Australia but we Kiwis don't get any paperwork to confirm that. However other cruise lines are happy for any photo ID like my drivers licence, to be used by someone in my situation. They've told me so. RCI don't seem able to. I hope they show a little more attention to detail when I board the ship. I was originally going on the Athena, and my licence was adequate for that ship.

I have tried to contact RCI with no luck, and none of the 4 travel agents I've asked can get any sense either. I am doing a Rhapsody Of The Seas cruise in Feb 2013, Sydney, Melbourne and tasmania. I am a New Zealander, but have been in Australia for 23 years. My Kiwi passport is currently expired and I would prefer not to get it renewed until I absolutely have to. I am a resident of Australia but we Kiwis don't get any paperwork to confirm that. However other cruise lines are happy for any photo ID like my drivers licence, to be used by someone in my situation. They've told me so. RCI don't seem able to. I hope they show a little more attention to detail when I board the ship. I was originally going on the Athena, and my licence was adequate for that ship.

Did you try asking your question here clear.gifAustralia & New Zealand Cruisers

If none of the TA's you contacted could pull this up, do not use them for booking any cruises. Your question is covered on the .au RCI website here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/beforeyouboard/travelDocumentation.do?cS=NAVBAR

You are correct, you only need the DL for a purely domestic Australia cruise from Australia.

Cheryl gave the definitive answer, however it doesn't cover the practicalities.

When you go to enter your details for the setsail pass, for id it will only show passport as an option in the dropdown. That is fine to choose that, and then just enter your driver's licence number in the next box.

Archived