Can we bring liquor on the ship from the port of San Juan?

Henry325

Hi everyone. I wanted to know if anyone has brought any liquor on the ship in San Juan? We will be arriving soon and I hear you can but then I hear you can but they take it from you and give it back at the end of your cruise? Does anyone have any insight on this? I would like to buy some rum to bring on the cruise. Is that possible? :confused:

Hi everyone. I wanted to know if anyone has brought any liquor on the ship in San Juan? We will be arriving soon and I hear you can but then I hear you can but they take it from you and give it back at the end of your cruise? Does anyone have any insight on this? I would like to buy some rum to bring on the cruise. Is that possible? :confused:

When we have sailed out of San Juan, our liquor was taen from us at the beginning of the cruise and returned at the end of the trip.

Last time I checked it really depends on what the cruise line rules are.

You did not say what ship/cruiseline you are sailing on........

Some lines will let you bring on wine (one bottle per person) but then you pay a "corkage fee" to drink it during the cruise.

Some lines will not allow any alcohol to be brought onboard to be consumed, therefore they take it at boarding and hold it until the night before you get off.

I would suggest you check with your ship/cruiseline rules. They should be on your booking ticket.

It has nothing to do with San Juan and/or San Juan rules.

There is a liquor store in the terminal. It is upstairs, and you go right by it after you check in, but before you board. Buy your rum there, and they will advise you on what you have to do.

Read some of the cc threads about the Victory too. It is a great cruise, i have been on it 2x.

I remember being able to do this when we sailed from PR, but I'm wondering if I would be able to get any liquor on board if this is one of our cruise stops?? Or will they take it as we reboard the ship? Anyone know this answer? One thing I could try is buy two botttles & put in two bags. One person checks one in with ship while the other goes up the elevator. Worked in Jamaica.

Still would like an answer if any one knows. Thank you

I remember being able to do this when we sailed from PR, but I'm wondering if I would be able to get any liquor on board if this is one of our cruise stops?? Or will they take it as we reboard the ship? Anyone know this answer? One thing I could try is buy two botttles & put in two bags. One person checks one in with ship while the other goes up the elevator. Worked in Jamaica.

Still would like an answer if any one knows. Thank you

Normally any time you reboard on a port stop you will go thru X-ray on the ship after you go over the gangway....... they will usually take them away at the point. Sometimes not.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived