By myself and want to snorkel

catsforkids

I will be sailing by myself and snorkeling is what I want to do. I have read great things about Cas Abao, Playa Lagun and Blue Bay. Has anyone taken public transportation (bus) to any of these spots? The taxi rates seem extreemly high for 1 person & would like to try the public tx.

Does anyone have the schedule? My port time is 1pm - 11pm. Of course, I want to be back near the pier by dark ;)

Thanks!

I just spent the weekend in Curacao snorkeling at multiple beaches. Lagun had decent snorkeling and was the best of the bunch, other than the reef at the Marriott. The beach at Lagun is a total dump though.

I would not recommend the bus. While bus stops are everywhere, the island is large enough that trying to fir your schedule to the bus schedule will be next to impossible.

I am also considering renting a car but am a bit hesitant since I am by myself. Was Blue Bay fairly good snorkeling? Since my port time is 1pm -11pm, I want to spend as much time in the water as possible.

How about the beach at the Aquarium - I have read conflicting reports?

Thanks for the help!

Going with a ship's tour for snorkeling is a good option, as there is safety in numbers.

Good to have a guide and a buddy while snorkeling. Have snorkeled often in Curacao and one needs to know the good spots. We always had buddies and snorkel vests- and these are provided with a group tour.

Going with a ship's tour for snorkeling is a good option, as there is safety in numbers.

Good to have a guide and a buddy while snorkeling. Have snorkeled often in Curacao and one needs to know the good spots. We always had buddies and snorkel vests- and these are provided with a group tour.

I try to avoid the crowds that are usually part of doing a ship tour. Snorkel vests are not for me because they prevent diving down to take pictures ;)

I try to avoid the crowds that are usually part of doing a ship tour. Snorkel vests are not for me because they prevent diving down to take pictures ;)

I just got back from a solo cruise with a stop in Curacao and I live to snorkel! I did an independent tour with Bounty Adventures and it was the best day of my trip!! All the details are on their website, I paid the extra $9 for the pickup/return service from the ship. I couldn't have gotten a taxi to their marina that cheaply. I was the only guest from the ship everyone else doing the tour was staying on the island. There were only 11 of us total. I HATE the way they over crowd the cruiseline excursions!! There were 2 fantastic snorkel stops, Directors Bay and a wreck. A great hot lunch, open bar, plenty of space in sun or shade, and since I was the only one having a ship schedule they asked if I minded if we stayed out an extra hour! It was fantastic.

Take a look at their website. Also, the last bachelorette 'Emily' had her date in Curacao with this same outfit! I figured if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me. Ha ha :D

Also......we didn't have to wear vests. I like to dive down too!

I just got back from a solo cruise with a stop in Curacao and I live to snorkel! I did an independent tour with Bounty Adventures and it was the best day of my trip!! All the details are on their website, I paid the extra $9 for the pickup/return service from the ship. I couldn't have gotten a taxi to their marina that cheaply. I was the only guest from the ship everyone else doing the tour was staying on the island. There were only 11 of us total. I HATE the way they over crowd the cruiseline excursions!! There were 2 fantastic snorkel stops, Directors Bay and a wreck. A great hot lunch, open bar, plenty of space in sun or shade, and since I was the only one having a ship schedule they asked if I minded if we stayed out an extra hour! It was fantastic.

Take a look at their website. Also, the last bachelorette 'Emily' had her date in Curacao with this same outfit! I figured if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me. Ha ha :D

Also......we didn't have to wear vests. I like to dive down too!

Thank you for that recommendation & looking at their schedule, it unfortunately doesn't fit mine (1pm-11pm poort time - wish it was different). I will email them & see if they ever change their schedule. I live to snorkel too :-) I could spend hours in the water taking pictures of the fish then identifying them once back on the ship! :)

Thank you for that recommendation & looking at their schedule, it unfortunately doesn't fit mine (1pm-11pm poort time - wish it was different). I will email them & see if they ever change their schedule. I live to snorkel too :-) I could spend hours in the water taking pictures of the fish then identifying them once back on the ship! :)

Oh darn it!! :mad:

Archived