Clueless on Int'l flights - Help pls seasoned travelers?

true45

"As a person who flys a lot over seas let me add. ALL flights from the US are overnight From the east coast you looking at about 7-to 9 hours with 6 hours of time change. Most flights arrive between 0630 and 0900 depending on point of departure"

Hawaiidan,

With respect. Small correction....MOST flights from US are overnight. There are daylight flights from Boston, NY and Chicago to Heathrow, London that I know and I guess there could be others. Probably does not help OP going to Rome but they sure help me with jet lag.;)

I'm adding Washington DC/Baltimore area to Heathrow to the above. United offers an AM flight!

I was wondering if anyone knows what airline(s) Oceania is using this year (well, 2013) to get people from the Washington DC or Baltimore area to London, and whether the flights are likely to be one-stops or non-stops. From Baltimore (BWI) the carrier with the most non stops are British Airways, American, and Iberian. From Dulles, they are BA and United, and Virgin has one nonstop. For the one-stoppers, UA is king, with Delta also in there. For Dulles, Icelandair (with 10-12 hour times) is in there, and I know that Oceania used them a lot for Baltic flights from this area.

If I call O's flight department and ask what airlines I'm likely to get without asking for a deviation, will they tell me? What about knowing whether the flights are likely to be nonstop or stoppers? Can I switch from using O's "free" air from Dulles (technically Washington DC area) to Baltimore without paying a deviation fee if flights seem to be better (doubtful, but who knows??) My trip is in late July 2013, so I assume the contracts are already in place.

I was wondering if anyone knows what airline(s) Oceania is using this year (well, 2013) to get people from the Washington DC or Baltimore area to London, and whether the flights are likely to be one-stops or non-stops.

JMO

If you are particular on your flights book them yourself or do the deviation through Oceania requesting the flights you want.

I request the flights I want & if they can do it for free(deviation fee only) or a small upcharge then I would take them

Sometimes you can get seat sales that work for you cheaper than doing the cruise air

YMMV

Lyn

Archived