Cruising next month/got questions

I am going on the Mariner oas next month...haven't been on a cruise in over 30 years so I might as well say I am a first time cruiser!! I have some questions that I have not been able to find on the board (of at least I can't find it).

1. When does RCI send out the documentation?

2. Understand the water on the ship is potable, but do they provide bottle water and if so is it at a cost?

3. Does the Mariner have self service laundry or is it a pay service.

Really getting excited about going, from what I've read on the boards, my wife and I should have a great time :)

Thanks, MC

They do have lemonade in the windjammer and good cold water in the Cafe Promenade...Water costs about $3.50 a liter which the steward leaves in your room and as you finish it is replenished. Have a great time......and enjoy;)

2. Understand the water on the ship is potable, but do they provide bottle water and if so is it at a cost?

Hi,

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising :D

1) About 6 weeks before your sailing date. Sometimes it's up till 2 weeks before your sailing date. Sometimes its an E-Ticket sent to you via email. So don't discard any email from RCCL or your TA (if applicable).

2) The water is about $3.50 per liter. It's expensive, and the ship water is fine. We bought just one bottle, and then kept filling it up. It didn't taste as good, but it was fine for our purposes.

3) There isn't a self laundry, but you can send your clothes for cleaning. They're pretty reasonable, about 1/2 the cost of your cleaner at home.

Hope this helps :D

Welcome back to cruising! Didn't you just love Costa? We sailed with them in 1980, and it's one of our more memorable cruises.

The water's fine: they make it themselves!!!

Thanks I hope it is a fun as I remember. The Flavia was a blast. Great food and service.

Thanks for the info.

1. Usually about 30 days before the cruise if your final payment has been made.

2. they do provide bottled water, I don't know the cost because I bring my own and just refill them

3. there is no self-serve laundry on any RCCI ships. However, the laundry service provided is really good and is much less expensive than on land.

Archived