FLL Hilton Airport Hotel - restaurants?

kokopelli-az

We are staying at the Hilton Airport Hotel Dec 29 prior to our cruise. This isn't where I would have picked to stay but it's what came with our travel package. Our plane doesn't get in until 8:00 pm so it will be probably 9:00 pm before we get to the hotel and checked in, etc. We don't want to eat at the restaurant in the hotel (which closes at 10:00 pm anyway) so what is somewhat close (2 miles or less) that we can take a taxi to for drinks and dinner?

For something unique with a local flavor I would suggest Tropical Acres Steakhouse just under a mile west on Griffin road or the Rustic Inn Crab House which is about a half mile west on Griffin Road, then turn right on Anglers Ave/Ravenswood Road and go another half mile.

You'll have to hurry, though. Tropical Acres closes at 10:00 PM (Mon-Sat) and the Rustic Inn closes at 10:30 (Mon-Sat).

Otherwise, head south on I-95 to the next exit (Stirling Road-about 1 mile) to Oakwood Plaza Mall where you will find Hollywood Ale House and they're open until 2:00 AM.

Frankly, after a day of travel and the time you're getting there, I'd order a delivery pizza (or whatever's available). Just ask at the front desk for menu's.

Pack a bottle in your checked luggage for "drinks" :).

JMO,

Thanks for the tip that Tropical Acres and Rustic Crab close early.

A bottle in our checked luggage is a great idea but our checked luggage will be whisked away at the airport by a luggage transport service, stored overnight and then delivered to the ship the next day, so we have to have all our necessities in our carry-ons. We won't see our checked luggage until the ship.

I agree with the pizza suggestion. We ordered from the one with information available in the hotel and it was very good. I ordered the spaghetti and salad and it was very good but enough for an army!!

The 8 of us sat at tables around the pool and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere knowing that when finished all we had to do was throw everything away and go to our rooms.

Archived