Oasis -D3 category & d7 category side by side

kazda

Hi

Sorting through what cabin on Deck 11 we want to book as hubby won a free cruise for Dec 13

I Spoke to RCCL this morning and we upgraded to a Oceanview balcony D7 category (as cruise he won was for Oceanview cabin)

Anyway I booked in cabin 11292 (Cat D7) and then afterwards I worked out that cabin has bed by closet so I'm ringing RCCL tomorrow to change cabins....hence I started looking closely at the category layouts.

Looking at the deck plan for Deck 11, there are D3 category cabins right next door to D7 category cabins. EG: 2 x Cat D3 cabins 11680 and 11676 are located inbetween seven x Category D7 cabins.

Seeing that D3 are dearer category cabins what is the preference if any over chosing these cabins over the 'cheaper' D7 category cabins next door.

while on the phone to RCCL finalising my booking the cabin that was available was then taken when she tried to confirm my request for cabin 11680 :( , so now I'm wondering whether to pay for higher category and request cabin 11678 (Cat D3) which is next door to 11680 and pay the difference between categorys D3 and D7.

any thoughts ??

The reason for the higher price is that your original cabin only has a double occupancy where as the pricier can accommodate triple/quad. Since you don't need that option in my opinion you'd be throwing your $$ away. Is there a specific reason you're looking at only deck 11??

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

thanks for your reply that explains it perfectly. When I looked back at D3 cabins they were either interconnecting or can accomodate more than 2.

Prefer deck 11 as on our last sailing on Oasis (where hubby won our next cruise) we were on deck 11 in 11596 so we know our way around the ship kind of.

Archived