Cruise Security Issue

uk1

Extremely interesting points here. I too have never considered that our bags have been left "unattended" that last night of the cruise.

What do we say at the airport when they ask us "Have your bags been with YOU the entire time..." Ah not exactly....

This never crossed my mind before. I don't have any concern whatsoever about theft, but the terrorism aspect of the possibility of a plant is pretty damn frightening!

The tape idea, sure sounds like a releatively simple and inexpensive idea.

• 1 month later...

I recently posted a similar concern on a different thread and had only one response that they "suppose that someone could place some type of contraband in unwatched luggage, but why would they"...I believe the word "paranoia" was also mentioned. I too, am not worried about my personal belongings...the point is the lack of security. I also don't intend to to say "no, my bags have not been out of my sight", if in fact they have. I will just deal with the extra screening. I really don't care if everyone calls me paranoid. If this is paranoid, I believe more of us should be! On 9/11 I was stuck in Mexico w/o any info on when or how I could get home. Five days after my trip ended (and my expenses doubled) I was finally able to come home. Don't get me wrong, I consider myself extremely lucky!! Thousands upon thousands of people lost loved ones or their own lives. For people to assume REAL security issues are "paranoia" is at best short-sighted. I also agree that we cannot allow terriosts to rule our lives and am venturing out of the U.S. for the first time in 2 years. Even disembarking on 09/11. I applaude your efforts to get the cruise industry to look at this serious issue and I encourage others to travel safely and be a bit more "paranoid".

Jyl

UK you put a lot of time in your concerns. If it's going to happen it's going to happen. And whatever is it that you are so concerned about losing from your luggage???? Carry it on then!!!

I am the last person on these boards, as others well know me, to be critical, but come on now. :cool: :cool: :cool:

What worries me the most about this topic is that someone on the ship would have a bomb to place in your luggage. If airports have to screen all luggage and passengers, why don't cruiselines?

We always keep our luggage locked with zipties. I feel safer with them as you would know if they were cut that someone had been in your luggage. We have found that TSA always replaces them with their own ties if they open your bags.

I don't remember them asking if our luggage had been out of our posession when we flew last month. Have they changed that? All luggage should be treated as suspect IMO, whether it has been in your posession or not.

Archived