Charge for Character Breakfast?

Mimajo

We did the Character Breakfast on Allure of the Seas in November 2011 and on Freedom of the Seas in December 2012 (cruise review to come).

There is no charge. You cannot book it until you get on the ship. I don't care what anyone here tells you. :D

You reserve when you get on the ship. Just ask someone how to do it. Choose a date. On that day, you show up in the MDR at 7:45 a.m. and get seated. They bring out about 4 characters. This lasts about 1.25-1.5 hours.

Lots of choices for breakfast, including a lot of 'chocolate-themed' things.

The characters roam from table to table so you can get your picture (and kids...) taken with the character(s).

We did the Character Breakfast on Allure of the Seas in November 2011 and on Freedom of the Seas in December 2012 (cruise review to come).

There is no charge. You cannot book it until you get on the ship. I don't care what anyone here tells you. :D

You reserve when you get on the ship. Just ask someone how to do it. Choose a date. On that day, you show up in the MDR at 7:45 a.m. and get seated. They bring out about 4 characters. This lasts about 1.25-1.5 hours.

Lots of choices for breakfast, including a lot of 'chocolate-themed' things.

The characters roam from table to table so you can get your picture (and kids...) taken with the character(s).

Sorry to correct you, but I booked the Character Breakfast ahead on both the Allure and the Freedom. You book it in the Specialty Dining area of the Pre-Cruise Planner. There is no charge, but that is where you have to book it. The spots available for pre-booking fill up quickly, after that you need to wait until you are on board to book. We had no issues at all, and our names were all on the reservation sheet that morning.

I am editing this since I see the person I quoted is from Canada. You know, we were travelling with one couple who were also from Canada and they were not able to pre-book the character breakfast, but the other four couples - all American - were able to. I wonder if it has something to do with country of origin?

Archived