Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

I had forgot to mention that for all the Australian and New Zealand ports, they required seapass plus official Government photo identification for boarding the ship. Therefore the cruise line did not retain our passports for this cruise. Upon return to the ship, the photo ID was sometimes checked.

Our plan was to take a taxi to Zealandia - http://www.visitzealandia.com/

However, the taxi queue was very long and there didn’t appear to be a good flow of taxis. So we just decided to start walking towards the city. The Cruise Director had said that we could walk to the city centre in about 20 minutes.

1ijwav.jpg

We managed to hail a taxi after walking for about 5 minutes in the direction of the city. There is a junction where taxis turn into the port. Apparently more taxis were now being called to come into the port, so we just hailed one as it made the turn into the port gate.

We got to the entrance of Zealandia at 1:45pm. Cost was NZ $25.

2yyywz4.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thank you again for the excellent review and photos.

I believe you mentioned you had cruised in Alaska previously. If you visited Skagway and if you did the White Pass Yukon Train... how would you compare the Taieri Gorge and the White Pass train rides for scenery and shore excursion value?

Thank you ! ! !

Thank you again for the excellent review and photos.

I believe you mentioned you had cruised in Alaska previously. If you visited Skagway and if you did the White Pass Yukon Train... how would you compare the Taieri Gorge and the White Pass train rides for scenery and shore excursion value?

Thank you ! ! !

Unfortunately I have yet to cruise in Alaska. :(

One day! :)

I cannot tell you how much we are enjoying your review. What a terrific job you are doing on it..

We are also very interested in it as we will be in the same JS in 6 weeks and 1 day. Would you by any chance have anymore photo's of the cabin you may be able to share with us and how did you find the cabin.

Keep up the fantastic job.

One more thing, can you please let me know how you post an image on a post...

Many thanks...

I had forgot to mention that for all the Australian and New Zealand ports, they required seapass plus official Government photo identification for boarding the ship. Therefore the cruise line did not retain our passports for this cruise. Upon return to the ship, the photo ID was sometimes checked.

I would add that a COPY of your passport will not suffice--must be the original.:o

Ooooohhhhh.

Seeing this photo made me decide to book this cruise one day.

Unbelievable.

Yes,I must saying oh wow, Saw this photos that was fab...wow I told my husband to take me there one day...

Oh thank you for showing it and these are so beautiful and remind me of Panama Canal but that one look beautiful...

Oh I love Australia and Singapore and had been there 3 times and I am thinking go back there again, hopeful one day....

Many thanks for your time

Scottishwee35:)

I would add that a COPY of your passport will not suffice--must be the original.:o

I believe an Australian drivers licence with Photo ID is also acceptable, can you confirm if you know that is correct ILoveCruising2?

Much rather carry around the DL's than the passports.:)

I believe an Australian drivers licence with Photo ID is also acceptable, can you confirm if you know that is correct ILoveCruising2?

Much rather carry around the DL's than the passports.:)

Can't confirm 100% but I think so....as long as it is current and govt. issued.

They are always saying you need this and that and never check...So I just had my seapass and a copy of my passport. They did let me thru...but checked the entire ship's roster first. (looking for the "embarassed" emoticon :o)

Another thing....they are always saying "don't take food off the ship". We don't but a lot of people do. Well, they have these cute little puppies who will come and sit next to you if you have food. We saw it happen. I understand it can be pretty expensive.:p