Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Cool. I've never heard of that song though, can give me the title?... ... Cheers man! :)

Cheers!

First concentrate on enjoying your cruise and keep sending the reviews. I follow with full interest, will trail a similar itinerary in two months time!

After returning home you can Google, wiki and YouTube : 'Geef mij maar nasi goreng' is the name of an old Dutch song (1979) by Wieteke van Dort. In the lyrics (Dutch) you'll find onde-onde, tahu petis, sambel and krupuk, and many more!

:) :)

Terimakasih for your reviews.

We are doing the train trip on our upcoming cruise, arranged the 4 hour one which goes to Pukerangi instead of Middlemarch as it leaves time to visit Lanarch castle in the afternoon.

Is there much between Pukerangi & Middlemarch worth seeing or is the best part between Dunedin & Pukerangi would you say?

Did you get to the castle?

We are doing the train trip on our upcoming cruise, arranged the 4 hour one which goes to Pukerangi instead of Middlemarch as it leaves time to visit Lanarch castle in the afternoon.

Is there much between Pukerangi & Middlemarch worth seeing or is the best part between Dunedin & Pukerangi would you say?

Did you get to the castle?

Unfortunately, we didn't have time to do the castle.

If you have the choice, do the shorter one, i.e. Dunedin to Pukerangi instead of Middlemarch. Not that much after Pukerangi worth seeing. The beautiful gorge is just before Pukerangi.

... :p ...geef mij maar nasi goreng... ... :)

(a song by Wieteke van Dort)

Michael

Nasi Goreng, Bami Goreng, great stuff. I remember a casual place in Singapore, on high ground, great view, outdoor seating, where we walked up and had brunch - nasi goreng & a Tiger brew ! Even saw same place in a movie years later:)

Nasi Goreng, Bami Goreng, great stuff. I remember a casual place in Singapore, on high ground, great view, outdoor seating, where we walked up and had brunch - nasi goreng & a Tiger brew ! Even saw same place in a movie years later:)

Great! Since Tiger Beer was mentioned, here is a festive picture of that beer.

To our foreign friends, do give Tiger a try when you're in Singapore. If you are flying into Singapore Changi, pick some up at Duty Free Singapore just after immigration!

5y90ma.jpg

Another bridge. I can’t imagine building these bridges, more than 100 years ago. Wow. My boy was absolutely thrilled riding the train over so many bridges.

Caution! Keep your hands in the carriage. The train passes very close to the rocks at some places, especially in the tunnels. Watch your kids!

2nsrg4n.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2